Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Beggars can’t be Choosers strung out mess Jan 8/9

HoarfrostHubb

Just now, moneypitmike said:

For SNE, the interior has the same issues.  At least we're used to it by this point.  Perhaps 'numbed' is a better word, but I don't want to suggest we've been cold.

Being south of LP moving west to east is typically not a good thing as that first weak wave kind of leaves behind marginal cooler air.

3 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

If it intensifies it would get cold enough maybe?  Perhaps models come back to that idea 

Looks last couple model cycles the trend has been further north with that second wave moving overhead, But sure, That track is not locked by any means and could still be further south going forward, We will see.

10 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

If major is 6+ over or not too far north of me then I’d say yes that. Was and is the hope

I would still say 4-8" is still a realistic expectation over the two days with the potential to be more, If this slp track of round two moves 25-50 miles or so further south as it moves west to east i could see getting into those higher totals, But for now i would play it on the conservative side on the lower end of the scale.

21 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Being south of LP moving west to east is typically not a good thing as that first weak wave kind of leaves behind marginal cooler air.

Just now, dryslot said:

I would still say 4-8" is still a realistic expectation over the two days with the potential to be more, If this slp track of round two moves 25-50 miles or so further south as it moves west to east i could see getting into those higher totals, But for now i would play it on the conservative side on the lower end of the scale.

Yes to both.  You'll be  basking in winter.  Maybe not a typical January depth, but enough where you can pretend.

Hoping I can score grass coverage, though I'm pretty sure the tops might be stick out once it goes over to rain.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I would say the trend is more north vs south for getting siggy amounts. 

Absolutely  as yesterday southern  new England was in the game. But as we know sometimes these things trend one way for a couple days and then verification goes back a bit towards what some of the earlier thinking was. That might happen here at least I hope

Just now, NorEastermass128 said:

Well...if it’s becoming more and more marginal, then I know I’m the first one cooked here on the coast. We’ve waited essentially since last March for accumulating snow. We can wait another week. 

More like beaches? Even East Sandwich COOP had 3.5" in November.

Look, obviously the truth is I don’t know much but I have seen these things trend in a good direction when there was a prior indication of a potentially good outcome. Also given that the trend is towards the negative ao and phase seven, and I think that starts to happen this week, I think it is somewhat realistic to see a trend back in a better direction at least a little bit.