• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Beggars can’t be Choosers strung out mess Jan 8/9

HoarfrostHubb

Highly recommend ambient, then...display and interface on the new one is awesome. Just got it a month ago.
Yes, but are the complaints about snow building up on the top of suite blocking anemometer true? What about fact you can't get fars for it? I liked it too, but then read into some of the negatives and decided to probably by another Davis ISS. Davis 2019 catalog out

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Got the 2" of snow off the driveway just before it started to rain

Same darn thing.  I should have left this mornings stuff.  Now, whatever happens, will be that icy crap underneath that will stick around all week.

Just now, Lava Rock said:

Yes, but are the complaints about snow building up on the top of suite blocking anemometer true? What about fact you can't get fars for it? I liked it too, but then read into some of the negatives and decided to probably by another Davis ISS. Davis 2019 catalog out

What do you have now and what's the budget? I think you have a VP2? What year? There's pros and cons with each station depending on what's important to you.

4 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

IDK, I'll let you know when it snows :lol:

Fars for it?

The display graphics on the console and the ease of getting it online are a breath of fresh air....that Davis early 80's console is like a meteorological atari....and everything about weathlink is si complicated.

All really care about is the temp, anyway...and from what I have been able to discern, what they say about not needing a solar aspirating fan is true...it does not run warm in the sun, though this may not be the best time of year to see.

2 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

I've got vp2 pro from 2004

Yeah...you would need a new transmitter (post mid 2006) to use the newer digital SHT31 sensors. Being 2004, yours must be analog. The same console should work with it. Ryan at Scaled instruments at the wireless ISS w/ FARS for $422. A wireless ISS with the standard passive shield is $287.

IDK, I'll let you know when it snows
Fars for it?
The display graphics on the console and the ease of getting it online are a breath of fresh air....that Davis early 80's console is like a meteorological atari....and everything about weathlink is si complicated.
All really care about is the temp, anyway...and from what I have been able to discern, what they say about not needing a solar aspirating fan is true...it does not run warm in the sun, though this may not be the best time of year to see.
IDK. I like the Davis for the fact it has lasted as long as it has, but do wish they had a better console.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

IDK, I'll let you know when it snows :lol:

Fars for it?

Yeah let's revisit that in 5 months. ;)

Agree on the console, but it personally doesn't even bother me. I rarely touch the console anyway.