• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Beggars can’t be Choosers strung out mess Jan 8/9

HoarfrostHubb

Early returns on the 12z suite has the Wednesday potential increasing again. GGEM and GFS both show it. The front end stuff looks pretty weak but probably an inch or two for most folks in this forum. Southern half of CT/RI might be tougher. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Canadian is rather tucky looking in the thermals across nrn and NE MA.

Flash freeze with moderate snow from redeveloper? Could envision that based on the look. Something to watch anyway until it ultimately becomes a NNE CJ. 

Unless your looking for something siggy which looks to be off the board, I think what were going to be seeing is, An overrunning event with the first wave, Wave two at worse, Probably the same scenario but certainly has more upside to it so will have to watch what transpire over the next couple days or so.

7 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Unless your looking for something siggy which looks to be off the board, I think what were going to be seeing is, An overrunning event with the first wave, Wave two at worse, Probably the same scenario but certainly has more upside to it so will have to watch what transpire over the next couple days or so.

Has the high trended to a more worse position for Tue Am . Quick look at Ukie and a 1029 High is centered south east to north east east of SNE over Atlantic ?

earlier runs had the elongated N-S look which I didn’t love but it was usually still centered N of NNE or NE of NNE, seems higher pressures to the south and east have amplified into what has been the more traditional high position last couple weeks for approaching storms and retreating highs , thou maybe it still works as long as high doesn’t retreat another 6-8 hrs faster ?

5 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Has the high trended to a more worse position for Tue Am . Quick look at Ukie and a 1029 High is centered south east to north east east of SNE over Atlantic ?

earlier runs had the elongated N-S look which I didn’t love but it was usually still centered N of NNE or NE of NNE, seems higher pressures to the south and east have amplified into what has been the more traditional high position last couple weeks for approaching storms and retreating highs , thou maybe it still works as long as high doesn’t retreat another 6-8 hrs faster ?

If you have to analyze the orientation of a high that much it's probably a shit system.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

When we had solutions that were giving 4-8" on the front end, we had a low trying to go south, but that energy has trended weaker and west so it's kind of just a weak  WAA event now. Because of that we don't really eat a good low to the south which means the high doesn't wrap around and anchor to the north. It kind of just sits near N Maine and elongates. It's still a good CAD spot but it doesn't do a ton unless we get energy underneath us. 

To see what I mean, picture a low trying slice south of us in this image instead of just a primary west of us...you can see how the low pressure poking eastward over LI or so would really look classic with where that high is. 

IMG_2286.GIF

5 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I would say its further SE and 3mb weaker then the 0z run, So in theory its not better.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There’s not a storm you don’t post about liking your spot other than today’s 

Part of it is the novelty...I'm sure you would be pumped if this were your first winter coming from Vernon to 1K. I spent so many storms narrowly on the wrong side of the coastal front.

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Part of it is the novelty...I'm sure you would be pumped if this were your first winter coming from Vernon to 1K. I spent so many storms narrowly on the wrong side of the coastal front.

You will be enjoying your new digs weather wise coming up here and going forward me thinks.

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

When we had solutions that were giving 4-8" on the front end, we had a low trying to go south, but that energy has trended weaker and west so it's kind of just a weak  WAA event now. Because of that we don't really eat a good low to the south which means the high doesn't wrap around and anchor to the north. It kind of just sits near N Maine and elongates. It's still a good CAD spot but it doesn't do a ton unless we get energy underneath us. 

To see what I mean, picture a low trying slice south of us in this image instead of just a primary west of us...you can see how the low pressure poking eastward over LI or so would really look classic with where that high is. 

IMG_2286.GIF

Thanks for illustration Will 

Just appeared the 12z position tuesday has it sliding east faster . As In not over Maine but more centered South of Nova Scotia . I didn’t understand if the return S flow would be something to watch to cook BL temps in E SNE or if that was not an issue when precip falls 

17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah. Unless somehow the low can skip along the south coast, but I think many areas may be like 37-44 or so depending on location.

Euro tries to keep N ORH county below freezing. Maybe a little better CAD showing as it tries to form a little mesolow.