Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter 2019

George BM

3 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Never made it to 12Z. Despite the positives seen overnight we now have another dumpster fire to contend with. Makes me wonder why I even bother going into that thread anymore and just leave it to the Debs. God, it is the same thing year after year. 

Yeah I am taking a break now lol.

We try. Let it burn.

I am heading out to Terrapin Park and then to visit a local brewery/tap house or 2. Then later I will watch the frozen ground transform into a soft, muddy mess again.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Never made it to 12Z. Despite the positives seen overnight we now have another dumpster fire to contend with. Makes me wonder why I even bother going into that thread anymore and just leave it to the Debs. God, it is the same thing year after year. 

At some point a few lose objectivity and try too hard to prove a point or hold to an agenda. Also some are just upset that they haven't gotten much snow yet and are trying to create a misery loves company atmosphere. I hope it snows

• Like 3

As a reminder this is CWG winter outlook. They had December and January above average temps as well

A late blooming winter, trending colder into February

Although we favor snowy conditions, we don’t think it will be brutally cold. We haven’t had a cold winter in four years (since 2014-2015) and lean toward slightly warmer than average conditions this year.

But you may notice the winter turning more intense with time. We’re forecasting December and January to end up somewhat warmer than average. That said, weather patterns don’t abide by a monthly calendar, and a flip to a colder and snowier period is very possible in mid- to late January. February should be decidedly cold and, if that verifies, it will be the first colder than average February since 2015

34 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

At some point a few lose objectivity and try too hard to prove a point or hold to an agenda. Also some are just upset that they haven't gotten much snow yet and are trying to create a misery loves company atmosphere. I hope it snows

I just looked out the window. No snow today but maybe soon. 

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Scraff said:

This one is painful. 

Ovie will be playing tonight it appears against Toronto... so he will serve his 1 game suspension against the Flames when the ASB ends... along with the mandated week off for the players per the NHL CBA.  Caps don't play again after tonight until February 1st

11 minutes ago, yoda said:

Ovie will be playing tonight it appears against Toronto... so he will serve his 1 game suspension against the Flames when the ASB ends... along with the mandated week off for the players per the NHL CBA.  Caps don't play again after tonight until February 1st

Yeah. We need a regulation win before ASB (badly). So I’m fine with Ovi not playing vs Calgary. This break I hope will help them get their shit together. Just like I need to take a break from the LR threads. Maybe the weather can get it’s shit together by Feb 1 too. LOLz. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Scraff said:

Yeah. We need a regulation win before ASB (badly). So I’m fine with Ovi not playing vs Calgary. This break I hope will help them get their shit together. Just like I need to take a break from the LR threads. Maybe the weather can get it’s shit together by Feb 1 too. LOLz. 

Calgary is the best team in the Western Conference so it would have been intriguing to see him go up against them, but it's not to be I guess.

I thought the same thing re the LR threads lol... I occasionally check to see what the usual good posters say and maybe check the models, but perhaps this winter also needs to get its act together as you said :lol:

12 minutes ago, Fozz said:

Why bother reading long writeups by the likes of Bob Chill, psuhoffman, CAPE, frd, showme, or others like them? Mdecoy has it all figured out!

I'm taking a break from digging deep into the long range. I doubt we have much if anything to worry about over the next few weeks though. Fully expect any "disaster" to evaporate and since the earliest we even have to overthink that is 10 days away I don't see any reason to discuss it in detail. I do think we have equal odds at an accum event in the 29th-31st window. I'll jump back into the fray if/when a discrete event comes into focus

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I'm taking a break from digging deep into the long range. I doubt we have much if anything to worry about over the next few weeks though. Fully expect any "disaster" to evaporate and since the earliest we even have to overthink that is 10 days away I don't see any reason to discuss it in detail. I do think we have equal odds at an accum event in the 29th-31st window. I'll jump back into the fray if/when a discrete event comes into focus

It's surprising how some have found a way to say the same thing over and over again using the exact same words and style.....TALENT!! I'm pretty sure the more you say the same thing the better the opportunity for it to come true. I hope it snows

• Haha 1

Just now, leesburg 04 said:

It's surprising how some have found a way to say the same thing over and over again using the exact same words and style.....TALENT!! I'm pretty sure the more you say the same thing the better the opportunity for it to come true.

I narrowed it down to 1 sentence... The next 10 days aren't ideal but will feature multiple cold fronts with the door open for precip to run into cold air and beyond that things are very uncertain. 

4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I narrowed it down to 1 sentence... The next 10 days aren't ideal but will feature multiple cold fronts with the door open for precip to run into cold air and beyond that things are very uncertain. 

Brilliant!! I hope it snows

9 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

Why do people still respond to that clown? He specifically posts in a regional sub-forum that's not his own to get responses. 

If "the clown" actually lived in our area then hitting the ignore button is the right thing to do. Since "the clown" goes out of their way on a daily basis to condescend with complete disrespect in an area that they don't even live should not get carte blanche to continue doing so. But that's just me and we can all choose our own way to respond (or not respond).   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

If "the clown" actually lived in our area then hitting then ignore button is the right thing to do. Since "the clown" goes out of their way on a daily basis to condescend with complete disrespect in an area that they don't even live should not get carte blanche to continue doing so. But that's just me and we can all choose our own way to respond (or not respond).   

I guess i'm putting PSU on ignore then....oh wait...oops my bad lol :ph34r::hurrbear::lmao:

10 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

If "the clown" actually lived in our area then hitting the ignore button is the right thing to do. Since "the clown" goes out of their way on a daily basis to condescend with complete disrespect in an area that they don't even live should not get carte blanche to continue doing so. But that's just me and we can all choose our own way to respond (or not respond).   

Even better.

18 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I agree but it’s what he wants.  I do wish Randy would just ban him. But I understand if he doesn’t want to have a heavy hand in doing that. Free speech and all. But just seeing the replies to him is so annoying. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

point taken....maybe you should make it again...and then in a little bit make it again....and oh yeah a little later...make it again

im not sure whats worse. people repeating the same shit over and over again in the LR thread, or you repeating it over and over again in banter

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic