Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2019

George BM

2 minutes ago, yoda said:

I have like 8 billion snow maps/model maps and the such of the event from 3 years ago too lol

yea i took a ton of pics and vids.  one of these days i should actually post something here lol.  occasionally, i re-read the blizzard thread.  i still remember that sunday night when the models seemed to be coming together.  helluva storm.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

It was a nice storm. Glad I was able to get half of it. lol.

i actually was about to say that i thought you guys got buried, but just noticed your area is closer to the shore.  i had no idea.  for some reason, i always thought your location was boonsboro lol.

1 minute ago, 87storms said:

i actually was about to say that i thought you guys got buried, but just noticed your area is closer to the shore.  i had no idea.  for some reason, i always thought your location was boonsboro lol.

Lol.

That storm dry slotted I-95 east. I never got into any of the CCB action. 

Just now, 87storms said:

i still can't decide if it's better than 96.  16 gets the edge because it was all snow, but the front end of 96 was top shelf.

It seemed very similar in so many ways, from the way it progressed to the areas that it hit, not to mention how the snowfall maps looked. I was a little kid in 1996, so I can't say much about that except a few vague memories, but getting a virtual repeat 20 years later was a real treat.

Just now, C.A.P.E. said:

Lol.

yea that dry slot was unexpected and pretty annoying.  i was right on the edge of the cutoff, so i stayed in the light snow and dendrites for most of it, but i could see where dc would be a frustrating spot.  the UL action made up for it here, though.

Just now, Fozz said:

It seemed very similar in so many ways, from the way it progressed to the areas that it hit, not to mention how the snowfall maps looked. I was a little kid in 1996, so I can't say much about that except a few vague memories, but getting a virtual repeat 20 years later was a real treat.

i feel like 96 came in a bit more moderate to start and each flake stuck.  the way it started reminded me of '00 whereas '10 and '16 took a little while to really get going.  one thing that each hecs seems to share is we either get a dry slot or close to it.

Just now, 87storms said:

i feel like 96 came in a bit more moderate to start and each flake stuck.  the way it started reminded me of '00 whereas '10 and '16 took a little while to really get going.  one thing that each hecs seems to share is we either get a dry slot or close to it.

Yeah a lot of these HECS seem to have better totals for the I-81 crowd than I-95, and the dryslot or the location of the CCB seems to be the reason. And yeah Jan 2016 had a slow start, but so did the Feb 2013 HECS when I went up to Massachusetts. Snow started late morning, but didn't really get heavy until after sunset.

32 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Lol.

I was on the edge in snowtv for about 4-6 hours in the morning while just west of here kept getting pounded.  but thankfully the CCB came through in the afternoon with legit blizzard conditions.    If not for the CCB, it would have been a 16" storm here.  Nothing to sneeze at but wouldn't be an historic storm by any means.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nj2va said:

I was on the edge in snowtv for about 4-6 hours in the morning while just west of here kept getting pounded.  but thankfully the CCB came through in the afternoon with legit blizzard conditions.    If not for the CCB, it would have been a 16" storm here.  Nothing to sneeze at but wouldn't be an historic storm by any means.  

Yeah I guess the CCB had all the wind, because I don't recall anything close to blizzard conditions here, even when is was snowing heavily at the height, before it lightened up as the dry air punched in.

Just now, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah I guess the CCB had all the wind, because I don't recall anything close to blizzard conditions here, even when is was snowing heavily at the height, before it lighted up as the dry air punched in.

Yeah, until the CCB in the afternoon, I don't recall much of any wind.  I didn't realize you only got 15" from that...you're doing a bad job reminding us everyday like some here seem to do.  ;)

1 minute ago, nj2va said:

Yeah, until the CCB in the afternoon, I don't recall much of any wind.  I didn't realize you only got 15" from that...you're doing a bad job reminding us everyday like some here seem to do.  ;)

Ha. I think I did for a while, but it's pretty far in the rear view mirror now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, showmethesnow said:

Not going anywhere near that thread for the time being. Let them all melt down. I am in a mellow mood and that is where I would like to stay. Funny thing is, it doesn't look that dire to me with a serviceable pattern coming up despite the PAC and signs that the PAC break down will be short lived. But hey, what do I know. 

That’s what I don’t get. Just cause it doesn’t show a parade of KU’s it’s no dumpster fire either. 

#bootleggin

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, 87storms said:

i still can't decide if it's better than 96.  16 might get the edge because it was all snow, but the front end of 96 was top shelf.

It was my best for all time. We got it front middle and back which almost never happens here. When I saw the deforms firming right over me I just got giddy. 7” of giddy on top of 24” of normal snow. Likely never repeats but but I hope so. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Had to actually google them. :) Sounds good. Dozen to go please. 

39 minutes ago, yoda said:

Same.  I could go without the orange zest though :)

not sure my mom uses orange zest. hers are the only ones i have never known lol 

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic