Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
January Banter 2019

George BM

9 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

I’m working on a 6-pack of India brown ale, that’s one of the best beers you can get in a 6-pack around $10.99 IMO. 

Since I lived in India for 3 years I have to ask, that's not really from India, is it?   Some of their indigenous beers are some of the worse to ever be called "beer".  Rosy Pelican and Black Label were two especially formidable tonics to try to keep down.  Must have been the formaldehyde they used as a preservative at the time - and perhaps still do.   

Here's an image of the label for Rosy.  My regrets if this taints the current atmospherics...

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?p=Indian+beer+rosy+pelican&fr=yfp-t&imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.beerlabels.es%2Flabel%2Fbig_8918_escanear0023-jpg.jpg#id=0&iurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.beerlabels.es%2Flabel%2Fbig_8918_escanear0023-jpg.jpg&action=click

We can probably just let it fly at this point. We're fast approaching nowcast mode and unless consensus suddenly shifts one direction or another, all we're going to do in disco is regurgitate the same outcome every run from every model. 

I was reading when gfs came out and did nothing about it lol so, I agree with you. Letting it fly is fine. It’s the weekend, I’ve got shit to do and a kid to get excited with about snow. Moderating people who should moderate themselves is not high on my list

16 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Can someone explain to me the “abscond” thing? Seems like some inside joke on here I’m not aware of.

I started it when I borrowed a line that the SNE crew use in their part of their forum.  "We take" was the terminology used.  It went from there

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Hypothetically, if you had a choice of being in Charlottesville or Arlington for the storm, where would you for this one?

When making your recommendation, remember that I’ve missed both storms this year by being in the wrong place, so I’m not exactly a good luck charm.

Then I'd like you in CHO for this one.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Can someone explain to me the “abscond” thing? Seems like some inside joke on here I’m not aware of.

Tracker said he was banning "we take" and "tasty" from analysis so i followed the rules and said the gfs was appetizing and we abscond so i didnt get in trouble

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic