Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter 2019

George BM

36 minutes ago, ThePhotoGuy said:

How do you post a tweet with pictures on here? I have tried it a few different ways but can't seem to get it to work properly. Thanks!

you should be able to just paste the tweet here and it will pop up. 

3 minutes ago, RDM said:

Well said Stormpc....

Mappy - keep up the great work.  If anyone here thinks they can do better, let them volunteer to be a Mod.  Oh wait, forget that.  The same folks who lack the objectivity to self moderate would run amok as a Mod and further derail things...   Forget the idea.  

thank you :) 

1 hour ago, mappy said:

i dont even get a colored tag :weep:

Seriously, how's come you don't get a Mod tag?   Sure seems you've earned it and rightfully so.  

Not so seriously...  It can't be for the same reason I don't get anything special on my profile for my "Super Subscription" invoice, which I just renewed again.  (tic)   Tell Randy you want a raise.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RDM said:

Seriously, how's come you don't get a Mod tag?   Sure seems you've earned it and rightfully so.  

Not so seriously...  It can't be for the same reason I don't get anything special on my profile for my "Super Subscription" invoice, which I just renewed again.  (tic)   Tell Randy you want a raise.  

H2O and I (Bob Chill too) were asked a while back to be "black op mods", meaning during storm mode, or other high traffic events, we would be here to help keep things moving. At first no one knew about us having that kind of "power" but it eventually became well known. I am okay without a green tag, to be honest. I do this as a favor to Randy and nothing else. I'm not here to throw my "D" around and act big and bad. Just helping keep things clean. 

Do I banter when I shouldn't? Of course, who doesn't -- but I don't play favorites and I usually just moderate based on how actual mods are moderating. For example, this morning a green tagger hid a couple posts in the LR thread, and I hid the last remaining drivel that came from it. This afternoon I hid Buddy's post going off on that PA guy. Both minor and not worth the resulting PMs I got from it. 

Just now, ThePhotoGuy said:

Hmm. Thanks. It seemed that it was an error when I copied it over and had to switch it to "plain text" for it to show up properly. 

i've noticed it can be quirky, but glad you got them to work. as usual, great pictures :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mappy said:

H2O and I (Bob Chill too) were asked a while back to be "black op mods", meaning during storm mode, or other high traffic events, we would be here to help keep things moving. At first no one knew about us having that kind of "power" but it eventually became well known. I am okay without a green tag, to be honest. I do this as a favor to Randy and nothing else. I'm not here to throw my "D" around and act big and bad. Just helping keep things clean. 

Do I banter when I shouldn't? Of course, who doesn't -- but I don't play favorites and I usually just moderate based on how actual mods are moderating. For example, this morning a green tagger hid a couple posts in the LR thread, and I hid the last remaining drivel that came from it. This afternoon I hid Buddy's post going off on that PA guy. Both minor and not worth the resulting PMs I got from it. 

i've noticed it can be quirky, but glad you got them to work. as usual, great pictures :) 

Thanks Mappy - appreciate the insight.  Knew H2O was in a similar boat too.  No doubt it takes a team to keep all this together.  Can only imagine what you all do that the rest of us don't see and probably don't really want to see.  Under the best of circumstances, there's no way to keep everyone happy.

Any thoughts on posting a "top 10 do's and don'ts" periodically to help guide folks?  If that's like using a garden hose to fight a forest fire, ok.  

12 minutes ago, RDM said:

Thanks Mappy - appreciate the insight.  Knew H2O was in a similar boat too.  No doubt it takes a team to keep all this together.  Can only imagine what you all do that the rest of us don't see and probably don't really want to see.  Under the best of circumstances, there's no way to keep everyone happy.

Any thoughts on posting a "top 10 do's and don'ts" periodically to help guide folks?  If that's like using a garden hose to fight a forest fire, ok.  

i mean, you could if you wanted to, but i'm not sure how much of an impact it will make. most the trouble comes from people who aren't new to posting here :lol: 

4 minutes ago, mappy said:

i mean, you could if you wanted to, but i'm not sure how much of an impact it will make. most the trouble comes from people who aren't new to posting here :lol: 

True in a way. Most trouble seems to come from people previously banned who figure out how to create a new account and continue in their past ways.......

PS- don't let the trash get to you, y'all (the extra mod's) do a great job IMO

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mappy said:

Haha - yup re who the culprits are.  However, I wasn't implying that I'd draft the "top 10".  While I've been around as long as dirt, don't think I have the insight to assemble something meaningful.  A collage of do's and don'ts from you, Randy, H2O, Bob etc would go a long way in reminding folks how this is suppose to work.  I don't actually recall seeing something like that, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been done before.  Was a just a thought, even if a futile one. 

Just now, RDM said:

Haha - yup re who the culprits are.  However, I wasn't implying that I'd draft the "top 10".  While I've been around as long as dirt, don't think I have the insight to assemble something meaningful.  A collage of do's and don'ts from you, Randy, H2O, Bob etc would go a long way in reminding folks how this is suppose to work.  I don't actually recall seeing something like that, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been done before.  Was a just a thought, even if a futile one. 

rule 1:

dont agree to be a mod, tag or no tag :lol: 

Just now, RDM said:

rotflmao - That's funny.  So does that mean for rules 2-10 you refer to rule #1?  

hahaha yes -- seriously though. i wish people would read more, post less. keep banter to a minimum (myself included) and if you are kindly asked to dial it back, just do so without complaining. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mappy said:

Eh like I said I can admit when I’m wrong. That guy for whatever reason completely gets under my skin. And to be honest with you I always thought you were a full moderator myself. I’ve had a talk with Randy in the past and he’s a super nice guy. I hope I didn’t tick you off. I just enjoy the commentary from Bob and PSU here daily. Those two are solid along with WXUSAF. Been on both boards for a very long time and it has helped me tremendously with pattern recognitions and being able to see things I would have never known about. 

1 minute ago, H2O said:

I might try to come up with a list. #2 might be disconnect ones keyboard if 33 and rain angers you 

You mean like this past weekend's 35 and pouring rain.  That was a kicker.  

As for the keyboard - what about those of us with a laptop?   That means we have to....   Oh...  Ok...  I get it.  ahem...   (tic)  

There just seems to be an issue where some take this hobby too seriously and live and die every 4 hours. And then they feel like sharing that with everyone here. 

No. Don’t. 

I feel bad that mappy has been getting the brunt of the crap when if people stepped back and took a min to check themselves most of this would be avoidable. 

Thats why I said I’ll take the heat if people really need to vent. I have tough leathery skin. Chitinous even

3 hours ago, Scraff said:

My analysis. I’m not sure what’s going on with our snow chances. All I know is that I wish my favorite meteorologists here (minus a specific town  from PA—aaaachhhhhheeemm) were hanging with me at this beer distribution trade show. Good lord!  A mid day Monday afternoon beer storm. I can’t even. Though @Ji would still complain because a 10 day OP doesn’t show his house drowning in New England IPA. Then again....it’s New England. Annnnnnnnnd....someone better cut me the F off. 

:facepalm::drunk:

Were you over at Bond today? I was hoping to go but work got in the way. It's always a great event.

54 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I hid it. Don’t think we need a thread on one poster. 

Then you should also "hide" snowstorm5921 from this forum. He doesn't belong here and I don't think anyone wants to read his nonsense. It would be a huge net plus to block him from accessing our subforum. I'm pretty sure you have the power to do something about him.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic