Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter 2019

George BM

Just now, C.A.P.E. said:

I am with ya. I like cold. I mean I don't want completely bare ground and brutal cold for a week or more, but if we get a couple minor events with a few inches that hangs around and only goes due to sublimation, I would gladly take it. I prefer an established, persistent cold period and as it relaxes a bit, we get the bigger event. Around here you have to be flexible and take winter- and be happy with it- anyway it comes though. Soon enough we will again be back in our 6 month endless summer of heat and humidity.

I legit just felt depression set in when you mentioned summer. When were in an ugly winter pattern and it's getting me down, I just think about how it could be summer and I chill out. Hate summer with a passion. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Steve25 said:

I legit just felt depression set in when you mentioned summer. When were in an ugly winter pattern and it's getting me down, I just think about how it could be summer and I chill out. Hate summer with a passion. 

Funny you say that. I always dread the thought of summer this time of year. The heat, humidity, and the damn mosquitoes, which will probably be even more horrific this year. Also I love not having to do any outside work lol. I'm depressed now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, H2O said:

Would you want to post with all the Ji melts and other horribad posting going on?  For some of the old timers, this place is more a wade through the muck to find info and not bother offering commentary cause it gets drowned out

Could not agree more.  Well said.  While I'm certainly not a major contributor, I am an "old timer" from when this forum started and Eastern before.  Some of the "muck" gets too thick sometimes.  Love a good joke and trivia as much as anyone, but some of it gets carried away.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Once again, this place is a f’ing dumpster fire.

Ima ‘bout to go all Mitch on this b*tch.

I miss Mitch. He was a great poster. It’s a shame many on this board had to drive him away. Funny how the post quality has dropped precipitously since he left. 

8 hours ago, ravensrule said:

I miss Mitch. He was a great poster. It’s a shame many on this board had to drive him away. Funny how the post quality has dropped precipitously since he left. 

You have made several posts like this. He seemed to fit in fine here and I don't recall any contentiousness in the threads between him and other posters. So who are the "many" that "drove him away", and what exactly did they do? 

• Like 4

Boy the long range tracking sure is a challenge with the constant changes....good bad ugly rinse repeat. I try really hard not to worry about what the long range models are guessing and focus on each event as they come...if they come.  It reduces my heartburn by enjoying the individual event vs the winter as a whole or what hasn't happened yet. Its also a challenge when different eyes see the same model run completely differently...that is in my opinion what causes the sometimes chaos in the long range threads. All my opinion people...you all can have your own. 

I actually think the model thread should only be for mets and people who have proven themselves as forecasters. Everyone else can just watch and take the sidebars elsewhere.

That being said, lots of safe spacers in this place. What happened to do the days where the melt downs and the complaining was actually what was expected. Now people saying they are leaving because god forbid, a blown forecast, or a bad winter, is called what it is!!

Imagine being disappointed in a weather forum due to lack of snow! Crazy idea!! People get so offended these days. Its hilarious.

• Like 1

Just now, leesburg 04 said:

Boy the long range tracking sure is a challenge with the constant changes....good bad ugly rinse repeat. I try really hard not to worry about what the long range models are guessing and focus on each event as they come...if they come.  It reduces my heartburn by enjoying the individual event vs the winter as a whole or what hasn't happened yet. Its also a challenge when different eyes see the same model run completely differently...that is in my opinion what causes the sometimes chaos in the long range threads. All my opinion people...you all can have your own. 

MY opinion of your opinion is that it suxs. :lmao:

Love the long range tracking part but I am with you. Enjoy the here and now and let the future take care of itself.

• Haha 1

Just now, showmethesnow said:

MY opinion of your opinion is that it suxs. :lmao:

Love the long range tracking part but I am with you. Enjoy the here and now and let the future take care of itself.

Lol I definitely understand the enjoyment for you and others because you are fascinated by how everything works.  I have no skill in that so I prefer the element of surprise. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Mdecoy said:

I actually think the model thread should only be for mets and people who have proven themselves as forecasters. Everyone else can just watch and take the sidebars elsewhere.

That being said, lots of safe spacers in this place. What happened to do the days where the melt downs and the complaining was actually what was expected. Now people saying they are leaving because god forbid, a blown forecast, or a bad winter, is called what it is!!

Imagine being disappointed in a weather forum due to lack of snow! Crazy idea!! People get so offended these days. Its hilarious.

Good thing no one cares what you think.

And you can express your disappointment ad nauseam, but not in the discussion threads.

4 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

You have made several posts like this. He seemed to fit in fine here and I don't recall any contentiousness in the threads between him and other posters. So who are the "many" that "drove him away", and what exactly did they do? 

If he wants to answer that he can. It’s not my business to answer for him. The people know who they are. 

3 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Really in the long range thread...I mean...really? Lol 

We really need Don S. to make a visit and set everyone straight. I’d like to see the statistics on final seasonal snow in DC when DCA has recorded at least 10 inches by January 15th. Based on a quick glance at the data it seems as though most winters that had said amount of snow by Jan 15th were biggies.

2 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Really in the long range thread...I mean...really? Lol 

Epic. Not epic. Epic. Not epic. Epic. Not epic. Epic. Not epic. Epic. Not epic. Epic. Not epic. Epic. Not epic. Epic. Not epic. Epic. Not epic. Epic. Not epic. Epic. Not epic. Epic. Not epic. Epic. Not epic. Epic. Not epic. Epic. Not epic. Epic. Not epic. Epic. Not epic. Epic. Not epic...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic