Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter 2019

George BM

32 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Drinking a Belgian DIPA from Cult Classic Brewery on Kent Island. Good stuff.

I've been drinking sips of scotch between pints of water after three dozen oysters earlier today, so I think I'll join you for a beer. I'm going with a sour. Weyerbacher Rico Guave.

And where on Kent island is that brewery?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I've been drinking sips of scotch between pints of water after three dozen oysters earlier today, so I think I'll join you for a beer. I'm going with a sour. Weyerbacher Rico Guave.

And where on Kent island is that brewery?

Its in that strip mall- the old ACME grocery store. Perfect space for a brewery/tap house. Basically divided it in half, and put windows in so you can see the brewery from the bar. They make some really great beers. I got a personal tour and actually tasted their Hazy IPA right out of the conditioning vessel(the owner was effed up- he drinks a lot of his product lol). O-M-G is that good. They will have it on tap next month.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Its in that strip mall- the old ACME grocery store. Perfect space for a brewery/tap house. Basically divided it in half, and put windows in so you can see the brewery from the bar. They make some really great beers. I got a personal tour and actually tasted their Hazy IPA right out of the conditioning vessel(the owner was effed up- he drinks a lot of his product lol). O-M-G is that good. They will have it on tap next month.

Gotcha. I crab off of Dominion Rd so I know where you're talking about. I'll check it out when I'm in the area. And nothing wrong with drinking your product if you can afford it. :drunk:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, snjókoma said:

Little bit discouraging that its snowing moderately with nice flakes at 29 and the snow off the sidewalk and road is still melting. 

Shouldn’t you be more discouraged that your life is so pathetic that you have nothing better to do than troll a message board on Saturday night?  Others are here right now because they enjoy this and love snow.  You are spending your Saturday night trying to upset people online and the snow is what has you discouraged lol. Oooooook 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Shouldn’t you be more discouraged that your life is so pathetic that you have nothing better to do than troll a message board on Saturday night?  Others are here right now because they enjoy this and love snow.  You are spending your Saturday night trying to upset people online and the snow is what has you discouraged lol. Oooooook 

7 minutes ago, Snowman. said:

Someone needs to ban that dude. Sad.

Yup - agree.  It's disappointing to see him posting again.  Thought the beat down delivered yesterday from multiple fronts would have sunk in...  Have never used the ignore option, but there's a first time for everything.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HighStakes said:

The best part of this storm for me will be that even if we dont get much more up here at least it will be cloudy and cold with some occasional snow bands rolling through opposed to the sun breaking through and temps  shooting up to 47 with everything melted by late morning.

Banding potential looks interesting later as the UL energy moves through and the coastal gets cranking. Should be come nice FGEN forcing on the NW side. 

28 minutes ago, mattie g said:

@nw baltimore wx

Supposed to brew today - first time in ages. Only thing stopping me is figuring out if I’m going to use the hose-to-coil chiller to cool the wort. That’s the only thing g that sucks about this storm. :lol:

Nice!  I have a NEIPA in the fermenter that gets kegged today.  Unfortunately, the used freezer that I bought died so I am in the process of a new build.  I'm not sure you remember, but I glued the collar onto the old 7.2 cu ft keezer, and I was hoping to cut it off and re-use it on the exact same freezer model, but no such luck.  That dang Gorilla glue caulk adhesive is serious stuff!  It worked out for the better though because I picked up a great deal on a 7.8 cu ft freezer that was cheaper and holds at least one more keg and maybe two.  It'll be nice to be able to have extra on hand for the bigger parties we do here (Christmas and Black Eye Susan Day).  This time though, I am going with the build you did and made a removable collar.  It'll be finished before the stuff I keg today is ready for drinking next weekend.  Here's a pic...

Attachment-1(1).jpeg.2972e3feb6859835ad6cbb8d2d2306a2.jpeg

What are you brewing today?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Citra/Galaxy NEIPA made with Golden Promise and Oats. Calling it Rough and Toothless. Its Galaxy/Citra counterpart will be Tough and Ruthless.

A growler to whoever gets the reference...

I use a similar grain bill in my NE but use Citra, Amarillo, and Vic's Secret.  Definitely my favorite beer to drink.

Mmmmhmmm 

8 minutes ago, snjókoma said:

6.1" in N Arlington as moderate snow continues to fall. Radar looks sexy. Road trying to cave again.

16 hours ago, snjókoma said:

1" in N Arlington, but road just wet as salt has had time to work with the constant lulls. Expecting another 1-2".

14 hours ago, snjókoma said:

Dendrites have finally arrived, but they'll leave quickly as the lull starts. Eyeballing about 2 inches, hoping to get 1 or 2 more tonight before temperatures get above freezing tomorrow.

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic