Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter 2019

George BM

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Very common for the Grand Canyon (top of the rim) to get snow. Not a fluke.

Biggest snows I have experienced in my life were when I lived in Arizona.  The valley (Phoenix) is warm, but lots of cold and snow north of there.

A week ago people were declaring winter over as its already shown its hand. Now we’re tracking an event in the MR where the dreaded sheared out mess still gives us some light snow, and we have an epic looking LR.  I’m just happy to be tracking something and even if I only get a trace of snow this weekend, I’d be happy.  

6 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

Who will be extrapolating the 19z EURGFSSREF model on February 5, 3010?

My great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grand-daughter

• Haha 1

I was keeping this on the down low since I wasn’t sure it would happen but I’m excited to say that I had a really great meeting with Jason Samenow from CWG this evening. He’s a great guy and I have him and the CWG to thank for developing my interest in meteorology. Also met Angela, who is very nice and has been doing great work for the CWG too.

39c4011109da6b56757c1958d0c58c55.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, MillvilleWx said:

We need snow, man.

And some horse tranquilizer

Did you say snow?

Here we go again, thought you like to see this, the rich getting richer. The images of the drifts are simply nuts ! 

I believe you said your friend is over there. 

3 minutes ago, frd said:

Did you say snow?

Here we go again, thought you like to see this, the rich getting richer. The images of the drifts are simply nuts ! 

I believe you said your friend is over there. 

He sure is. He's actually skiing in Norway right now so it's kind of boring, but of course there is snow on the ground up there lol. I'm sure he knows it's been crazy in the Alps. He's got such a nice spot in the country near Ramstein. Said he wants to stay in Germany. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

He sure is. He's actually skiing in Norway right now so it's kind of boring, but of course there is snow on the ground up there lol. I'm sure he knows it's been crazy in the Alps. He's got such a nice spot in the country near Ramstein. Said he wants to stay in Germany. 

So beautiful there. Seems like the Northern Alps and Central Europe get a lot of snow this week .  

This is from yesterday but its like Brr......

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic