Banter Thread

jburns

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Avdave said:

Finally got my first Covid vaccination today, got my Pfizer shot. Drove down to Dunn,. NC to get it, in and out in a half hour

Good. You will feel a lot better a week or two after your second shot. A bit of freedom is very enjoyable after a year of hunkering down. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jburns said:

Good. You will feel a lot better a week or two after your second shot. A bit of freedom is very enjoyable after a year of hunkering down. 

Thats what Im hoping for.  We have done pretty good at staying home for the most part, only a couple of weekend getaways but it was outdoor activities. 

It was quick and painless though getting the first one, though I feel more tired today so maybe thats from the shot, Its been 24 hours since it was injected. 

Apr 2 looks to be the day for round 2 and taking the weekend to feel better from the side effects if we get any. 

I don’t take severe weather lightly, especially with two young kids. But we just got this email from our sons daycare. Really?!?!? Category 4 storm?!?!? :facepalm:

Due to the category 4 storm moving through our area mid-day tomorrow and in considering the safety of all staff and families as a result we will operate on a half day schedule of 7:30am-12:00pm tomorrow, Thursday, March 18, 2021.

In case of loss of power or damage to our building or facilities we will communicate any further plans to close beyond tomorrow no later than 7am Friday morning.

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, GunBlade said:

I don’t take severe weather lightly, especially with two young kids. But we just got this email from our sons daycare. Really?!?!? Category 4 storm?!?!? :facepalm:

Due to the category 4 storm moving through our area mid-day tomorrow and in considering the safety of all staff and families as a result we will operate on a half day schedule of 7:30am-12:00pm tomorrow, Thursday, March 18, 2021.

In case of loss of power or damage to our building or facilities we will communicate any further plans to close beyond tomorrow no later than 7am Friday morning.

One of those dreaded category 4 storms!  :lol:  I bet the writer of that email is “super concerned” about this “super dangerous” storm.

On 3/17/2021 at 7:55 PM, magpiemaniac said:

With all the unfamiliar visitors in the southeast severe thread, I’m reminded of how much I appreciate my fellow southeast posters.  A few of those folks—not all of them course—are insufferable.

1 hour ago, magpiemaniac said:

Give us a couple of town names you had in mind.

Johnny, what do we have for our winner?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

Here come the chirping Bust Birds in the severe thread.  It gets so tiring after a while.  Some people just want to see the world burn and are disappointed when it doesn’t.

No wonder this place empties out during non-winter events.

Pretty sure the people in those pics and videos just posted would disagree with the whole bust thing. 

On 3/17/2021 at 8:41 PM, GunBlade said:

Betcha they got that phrasing from some article that compared the winds of a tornado to hurricane.

Although I wouldn't put it past some outlet or person to come up with their own set of ratings and write as if it was already known and accepted in hopes of getting their wording adopted.