• Member Statistics

    16,739
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Bluewater Performance
    Newest Member
    Bluewater Performance
    Joined
jburns

Banter Thread

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, FamouslyHot said:

I still frequent the tropical page here. I just remember the southeast forum here as being really busy, especially during winter. It was the first forum I joined right before the January 2017 storm. I remember the epic meltdown as that storm trended NW. Really set the tone for the next few winters haha

I’ve literally never seen you on here before. Lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d like to post here more often but it seems I spend most time on the Lakes/OV threads watching my hometown of Toledo get snow.

Since moving to Charleston I’ve definitely gone full heatmiser and became anti-snow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, nwohweather said:

I’d like to post here more often but it seems I spend most time on the Lakes/OV threads watching my hometown of Toledo get snow.

Since moving to Charleston I’ve definitely gone full heatmiser and became anti-snow

Blasphemy :angry: 

13 minutes ago, FamouslyHot said:

 

O’really :ph34r:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, metalicwx366 said:

Remember like 6 or 7 years ago when we all changed our avatars to Charlie Brown characters? lol I haven’t changed mine since. 

I remember that :lol: We had a pretty good winter after we did. Maybe we should do it again 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tar Heel Snow said:

Welp. Back to waiting for the next clown map. I see few on here deceived to even venture on. Lol are we all that burned by last year?

Nope. just not quite time yet.  :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where was the fall severe weather?   Not wishing harm on anyone but it seems since the 90’s the severe weather risk in late Oct-Nov is pretty much non existent.  April and November were the months of high activity and now outside of spring they don’t happen.  Either my childhood mind perceived the weather worse than reality or the storms just don’t happen or produce anymore!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This year has been so effed, it stands to reason that everything will bust on the cold side, right?

We can only hope. The sky has had long enough to heal.. :)


.
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sure do love winter storms here and know the pain first hand of a near miss, but a very small terrible part of me does enjoy reading the MA forum when the inevitable inside the beltway screw job sets up for DCA... I can relate to those emotions too well 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

I sure do love winter storms here and know the pain first hand of a near miss, but a very small terrible part of me does enjoy reading the MA forum when the inevitable inside the beltway screw job sets up for DCA... I can relate to those emotions too well 

Schadenfreude is a strong emotion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, strongwxnc said:

large.1174247947_ScreenShot2020-12-16at1_57_05PM.png.833eeed3f56ac0dde1feae14807e7466.pngDude. How much we would love to see this forecast. 

4-8" this afternoon and 11-17" NEW tonight .

 

 

 

We all would! A dream forecast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, strongwxnc said:

large.1174247947_ScreenShot2020-12-16at1_57_05PM.png.833eeed3f56ac0dde1feae14807e7466.pngDude. How much we would love to see this forecast. 

4-8" this afternoon and 11-17" NEW tonight .

 

 

 

Ughhhh. I don't know what's happened to me. The older I get, the more I am repulsed by cold weather. It just sort of happened. No idea why. I still like to watch snow fall. But I don't want to be out in it. That's weird, right?

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Ughhhh. I don't know what's happened to me. The older I get, the more I am repulsed by cold weather. It just sort of happened. No idea why. I still like to watch snow fall. But I don't want to be out in it. That's weird, right?

I can see that...

However, sign me up for 15+" of snow and just at freezing for the whole week!

CAKE!

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bevo said:

Ughhhh. I don't know what's happened to me. The older I get, the more I am repulsed by cold weather. It just sort of happened. No idea why. I still like to watch snow fall. But I don't want to be out in it. That's weird, right?

Yes :P  

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really happy for PA.

Had a lunch with Tim Buckley (Greensboro met) right before I started on my real short broadcast career. He told me that the state college area is usually 1. Too inland for the coastals and 2. Too far east for the lake effect stuff. So a lot of what they see is nickel and dime stuff. Nice to see that region reel in a big one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.