• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Banter Thread

jburns

I plan on upgrading my home weather station (current is Ambient 2902-A and moving to a Ambient 5000) and I was wondering if I can keep my same CWOP info that I have used for the last few years. Or If i will have to create a new one. 

Anyone got experience with this?

https://mesowest.utah.edu/cgi-bin/droman/meso_base.cgi?stn=G1106

2 hours ago, strongwxnc said:

I plan on upgrading my home weather station (current is Ambient 2902-A and moving to a Ambient 5000) and I was wondering if I can keep my same CWOP info that I have used for the last few years. Or If i will have to create a new one. 

Anyone got experience with this?

https://mesowest.utah.edu/cgi-bin/droman/meso_base.cgi?stn=G1106

You can keep same.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/25/2023 at 9:31 PM, calculus1 said:

Lots of fun watching this KSU v ISU game tonight on FOX. It’s just been dumping snow. Hope we get to experience something like that this year. It’s been a while.

Been a season ticket holder at App State for a while and I really thought this would be the year we have another snow game but alas, we come up empty handed. 2014 vs Georgia State it dumped all game and we had about 6 inches on the ground. 

• 2 weeks later...

Originally posted by Prince Frederick Wx in the MA thread in their aptly named Panic Room - Winter 23/24 Edition... 

Thank you for calling the newly launched AmWx Hotline of Hope, providing support for delusional weenies at an affordable price. Please select from one of the following options; or, stay on the line to hear recordings of Joe Bastardi’s winter forecasts.

-To hear about SSW events, please press “1”

-Siberian snowcover, please press “2”

-MJO mumbojumbo, please press “3”

-Earth’s magnetic poles reversing, please press “4”

-To hear about how a giant asteroid impact would lead to additional snowfall in your backyard, please press “5”. Note that this option requires an additional fee.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

You know it is going to be a bad winter for us snow lovers when even the mountains are struggling to get enough cold air in place for a good snowstorm. Moved up here in Raleigh in 2019 and so far it has been underwhelming. Grew up in Fayetteville, so I am used to blanking some years, but no good storms since returning back to central NC.

• Like 1

Anyway to collapse that big ol' picture from the moderator....every time I read those replies, I gotta look at that picture of some country road in Savannah or Charleston...can I put a big ol' picture of my business as my 'signature' and get some free advertising?  But seriously, can I collapse that...it's annoying 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, WeatherHawk said:

Anyway to collapse that big ol' picture from the moderator....every time I read those replies, I gotta look at that picture of some country road in Savannah or Charleston...can I put a big ol' picture of my business as my 'signature' and get some free advertising?  But seriously, can I collapse that...it's annoying 

Would you rather see a kitty? 

IMG_8139.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My daughter lives in St. Louis.

Yesterday's high was 86deg and they set a record.

Then, this morning , STL  reported an overnight low of 26deg and "Light Snow" from 3:55a.m. until 4:55a.m.

That's the definition of "weather-whiplash."

• Like 2