Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Banter Thread

jburns

4 hours ago, FamouslyHot said:

I still frequent the tropical page here. I just remember the southeast forum here as being really busy, especially during winter. It was the first forum I joined right before the January 2017 storm. I remember the epic meltdown as that storm trended NW. Really set the tone for the next few winters haha

I’ve literally never seen you on here before. Lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nwohweather said:

I’d like to post here more often but it seems I spend most time on the Lakes/OV threads watching my hometown of Toledo get snow.

Since moving to Charleston I’ve definitely gone full heatmiser and became anti-snow

Blasphemy :angry: 

13 minutes ago, FamouslyHot said:

O’really :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Where was the fall severe weather?   Not wishing harm on anyone but it seems since the 90’s the severe weather risk in late Oct-Nov is pretty much non existent.  April and November were the months of high activity and now outside of spring they don’t happen.  Either my childhood mind perceived the weather worse than reality or the storms just don’t happen or produce anymore!

12 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

I sure do love winter storms here and know the pain first hand of a near miss, but a very small terrible part of me does enjoy reading the MA forum when the inevitable inside the beltway screw job sets up for DCA... I can relate to those emotions too well 

Schadenfreude is a strong emotion.

3 minutes ago, strongwxnc said:

large.1174247947_ScreenShot2020-12-16at1_57_05PM.png.833eeed3f56ac0dde1feae14807e7466.pngDude. How much we would love to see this forecast. 

4-8" this afternoon and 11-17" NEW tonight .

Ughhhh. I don't know what's happened to me. The older I get, the more I am repulsed by cold weather. It just sort of happened. No idea why. I still like to watch snow fall. But I don't want to be out in it. That's weird, right?

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Ughhhh. I don't know what's happened to me. The older I get, the more I am repulsed by cold weather. It just sort of happened. No idea why. I still like to watch snow fall. But I don't want to be out in it. That's weird, right?

I can see that...

However, sign me up for 15+" of snow and just at freezing for the whole week!

CAKE!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Really happy for PA.

Had a lunch with Tim Buckley (Greensboro met) right before I started on my real short broadcast career. He told me that the state college area is usually 1. Too inland for the coastals and 2. Too far east for the lake effect stuff. So a lot of what they see is nickel and dime stuff. Nice to see that region reel in a big one!