Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Banter Thread

jburns

3 hours ago, Orangeburgwx said:

Watch this be the one winter we get a 73 repeat and Iowa gets firehosed

But still, stay safe Mack, and don't feel afraid to drop in once in awhile!

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

I think they average only 30” of precip a year, iirc, so it’ll be like living in Shetleys backyard, only more snow! :ph34r:

During all that rain earlier this year, I mentioned that we shouldn’t complain because we won’t be able to buy a drop by the middle of July.

My most recent rain totals IMBY for July:

• July 17:  0.05”
  • July 10:  0.70”
  • July 8:  0.50”

That’s it.  Just 1.25” total for the month.  I’ve cut down my sprinkler output.  I use sprinklers to supplement nature rain.  My well shouldn’t have to carry the load.  We need some tropical action.

On 7/11/2020 at 7:37 PM, jburns said:

I did 2 years in Germany. I was a bit further north near Frankfurt. Except a lot of gray foggy days but very little in the way of snow. Cool summers though.

Yes this summer has been pretty chilly. Great because AC apparently isn’t really a thing here. Last year was insanely hot in Europe. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello....hello...hello.....Echo.....Echo....Echo....

Seriously, did the SE forum take August off?  Fall is almost here folks!  Time to spread some lime and fertilizer!  Time to ready the plows Frosty!  The only member I've seen in days is Burnsie and thats only because he moderated one of my posts over in the Laura thread...thanks Mr Burns.  :P

I know its the last few Dog Days, but there is so much great weather just a calendar flip away.  It's almost fall.....let's do this!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wncsnow said:

Summer's are always quiet, but overall I fear our forum is dying 

We really need a snowy winter to bring people back.  

The long range outlook is for a cold snowy winter in 3472.  Humans will be long gone and the co2 level will be dropping. 

• Haha 1

Anyone else have trouble getting your Davis wx station to work with weather underground? I have it all set up and it works thru my WeatherLink live and works on my Davis app.  But I did everything one is to do to get it online at Weather Underground and nothing happens. It just stays offline.  So GD frustrating on my end. 

Anyone have any hints or advice please let me know.  WEather Underground of course has no customer service number

On 9/4/2020 at 10:44 PM, Avdave said:

Anyone else have trouble getting your Davis wx station to work with weather underground? I have it all set up and it works thru my WeatherLink live and works on my Davis app.  But I did everything one is to do to get it online at Weather Underground and nothing happens. It just stays offline.  So GD frustrating on my end. 

Anyone have any hints or advice please let me know.  WEather Underground of course has no customer service number

Have you tried contacting Davis support?

After this Hyper-Active Tropical Hurricane season,,  Going into Fall/Indian Summer.... (Short Lived)..

Wouldn't it be "On par" with 2020,, To get a YUGE Blizzard , about Mid-Late October/Early to Mid-November time frame, covering the WHOLE State of NC, et al?

Several feet,, in the Mountains, to 12++ inches all the way down to the Coastal Area(s)?? 

THAT would put a "Night Cap" too 2020 for the Southeastern Forum, Don't cha think?... 

:drunk::snowwindow::snowing::mapsnow::drunk::wacko2:

• 2 weeks later...