• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Banter Thread

jburns

Im surprised Feb is such a good climo month for snow. Avg temps increase a good bit from early to late Feb. Also, theres 2-3 less days in Feb than Jan, so that would also seem to give Jan an advantage. The sun angle increases pretty dramtatically in Feb also. I would much rather get a snowfall in Dec and Jan when the lower sun angle has a better chance of not melting the snow. So yes, it can snow in Feb. But it just doesnt excite me like Dec and Jan snow does.

This is  pitiful, all of the so called experts at the beginning of winter said the southeast would have more snow than average and the cold would come down and meet up with the southern storm track quite a bit this winter,  wellllllllllllll when is it going to commence? :axe::sled:

This is  pitiful, all of the so called experts at the beginning of winter said the southeast would have more snow than average and the cold would come down and meet up with the southern storm track quite a bit this winter,  wellllllllllllll when is it going to commence? :axe::sled:

I remember one outlook in the mid 2000’s that did not work out. Since then, i tend to not pay then much attention. It’s easy to get sucked into the hype or madness. But in my small part of the SE, my excitement peaks only when we are under 36 hours. Sometimes this is hard. But the rug has been pulled so many times.
At least is it 34 degrees right now.