Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Banter Thread

jburns

For the uninformed, 15-20mph wind now is considered "intense"

The wind in the area reached 15-20 mph, according to CNN Meteorologist Gene Norman. It was so intense that it broke state Sen. Jamaal Bailey's umbrella as he was addressing reporters at the scene.

A massive wind turbine in New York City crashes down onto a car

https://www.foxcarolina.com/a-massive-wind-turbine-in-new-york-city-crashes-down/article_49f21efd-684e-5d6f-9635-3b1c60224d28.html?fbclid=IwAR0jw7-CJdkcJ9F3g1tn1aMGyzBhxK8KrYwNkpzT7jUfvlgvvfPN5Di83zo

On 12/31/2019 at 1:33 PM, Solak said:

For the uninformed, 15-20mph wind now is considered "intense"

The wind in the area reached 15-20 mph, according to CNN Meteorologist Gene Norman. It was so intense that it broke state Sen. Jamaal Bailey's umbrella as he was addressing reporters at the scene.

A massive wind turbine in New York City crashes down onto a car

https://www.foxcarolina.com/a-massive-wind-turbine-in-new-york-city-crashes-down/article_49f21efd-684e-5d6f-9635-3b1c60224d28.html?fbclid=IwAR0jw7-CJdkcJ9F3g1tn1aMGyzBhxK8KrYwNkpzT7jUfvlgvvfPN5Di83zo

You have to look at the news source. 

CNN not to reliable on reporting the truth.

That was poor engineering. 

14 hours ago, mackerel_sky said:

Now if we could put this to use chasing snowstorms, it’d be a lot more fun

Don’t worry, we average 15 inches of snow a season here in korea and haven’t seen anything over a trace this season  or last season. 
We had an intense snow squall on New Year’s Eve which was fun while it lasted. 

• Like 3

I just wanna pop in from Oklahoma and say that we've been doing poorly in the snow department as well. Oklahoma City averages 8" of snow a winter and has only gotten 9.5" total since March 2015. That's more like what you'd expect from a place like Dallas.

And the past two winters had below-normal temperatures, so we've just had a lot of dry, windy cold, which is annoying

4 hours ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

BTW,  I think this is a total myth and there's nothing to it, but thought some of you would appreciate that I saw a woolly worm today. It was black on both ends but sold brown in the middle half. Cold in Nov and cold Feb following warm Dec/Jan?

It’s also going to storm this weekend, you know what happens 7-10 days after that in winter!?

2 hours ago, kvegas-wx said:

I've been telling you folks to enjoy the heck out of what you have today cuz the rest of winter could easily be cool and wet.  I mowed today, cleaned some trash in the woods, swept out the barn, went on a trail ride, and on and on.  What an outstanding day!!

You must have a totally different climate...grass is all dead here. 

2 hours ago, franklin NCwx said:

You must have a totally different climate...grass is all dead here. 

Foothills up in Stuart VA.  Got the lawn ready to lime like crazy, kill the moss by March and overseed into April.  Mother Nature is doing a fine job right now.  None of us will suffer from the winter blues and we may still bank a couple of storms in Fab Feb.