Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Banter Thread

jburns

2 hours ago, gman said:

Saw that too. Always liked John, professional but fun at the same time. Did a good overall job of forecasting in a challenging area. You could always tell he was a true weather nerd who loved his job. Well done John! :clap:

1 hour ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Saw that too. Always liked John, professional but fun at the same time. Did a good overall job of forecasting in a challenging area. You could always tell he was a true weather nerd who loved his job. Well done John! :clap:

Saw this earlier.   End of an era.  Ran into him at a Clemson football game shortly after he came to upstate in 1991.  Super nice and humble guy.  Us older posters remember that John replaced Charlie Gertz.  Charlie was also a true weather nerd.  Charlie was also also around for some epic weather in the 80s: Hugo, 87 and 88 snowstorms, 85 cold outbreak and many snowstorms.  I guess the highlight for John would be the super storm of 93, ice storms of 2004 and 2005, hurricanes of 2005?  He never overhyped anything and was generally right. 

2 hours ago, Powerball said:

Gotta say, while I'm generally good with no snow, getting whiffed to the south by a 12"+ snowstorm (in GA of all places) would definitely piss me off.

Lol, yeah I was just joking with NRVwxfan. He moved from Columbia to SW Virginia and is rightfully expecting to see more snow. But it would funny to see a couple of southern sliders this year like the one shown. **I've been saying for the last two years we're due to see one of these storms.  

We have decided to come home tomorrow from our trip, cutting it short by 2 days. Luckily the airline has allowed us to change our flight at no charge due to Dorian. Thursday is going to be busy since we have no food or gas for the generator. Hopefully it will either miss us big time or weaken as it comes up the coast and not be a big issue.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, yotaman said:

We have decided to come home tomorrow from our trip, cutting it short by 2 days. Luckily the airline has allowed us to change our flight at no charge due to Dorian. Thursday is going to be busy since we have no food or gas for the generator. Hopefully it will either miss us big time or weaken as it comes up the coast and not be a big issue.

Good luck, sending big miss vibes your way.  At least we can be confident it isn't going to be hanging around very long.

Can ya'll imagine if Greg Fishel made an account on here one day, and suddenly started posting on here with a met tag? Lord have mercy--some of us would just melt down and lose our minds.

Greg--if you're lurking here, DO IT! PLEASE! IT WOULD BE SO EPIC!

Course, some of ya'll would be skeptical that it's really him. But not me. I  would believe.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, gwlee7 said:

13 hours ago, YetAnotherRDUGuy said:

Can ya'll imagine if Greg Fishel made an account on here one day, and suddenly started posting on here with a met tag? Lord have mercy--some of us would just melt down and lose our minds.

Greg--if you're lurking here, DO IT! PLEASE! IT WOULD BE SO EPIC!

Course, some of ya'll would be skeptical that it's really him. But not me. I  would believe.

Ya never know......

• Like 1

We have a blip of potential rain for Friday.  Yeah, not betting on it but man do we need that rain.  I am now looking up how to do Pagan Ritual Sacrifices in order to apeas the various rain gods just in case it might help.

All Hail Freyr!