• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Banter Thread

jburns

2018 was... eventful.  Wife had two brain  surgeries and a stroke (from the second one).  But she's recovered wonderfully and is seizure-free and driving again!  I'll take a boring 2019, please.

I could take or leave the cold at this point, I don't much care... but getting tired of all the rain.  The ground is perpetually soggy and the range is just a giant mud pit.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, gtg947h said:

2018 was... eventful.  Wife had two brain  surgeries and a stroke (from the second one).  But she's recovered wonderfully and is seizure-free and driving again!  I'll take a boring 2019, please.

I could take or leave the cold at this point, I don't much care... but getting tired of all the rain.  The ground is perpetually soggy and the range is just a giant mud pit.

Glad to hear your wife is doing well. Wishing you a boring 2019.

Ok green thumbs, I desparately need to sow some grass asap.  I know I could fast grow some rye, but I really would love to sow some fescue as wet as it is.  Assuming we have 50s and 30s for the next couple of weeks with some rain mixed in, would it grow?  Never tried it before this time of year and dont want to waste the 30 bucks on a small bag.

55 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

Ok green thumbs, I desparately need to sow some grass asap.  I know I could fast grow some rye, but I really would love to sow some fescue as wet as it is.  Assuming we have 50s and 30s for the next couple of weeks with some rain mixed in, would it grow?  Never tried it before this time of year and dont want to waste the 30 bucks on a small bag.

Nah, it needs a string of 60/70's to germinate. Ground temp in the upper 50's. You can sod it though. It will be dormant but will start to grow when temps go up.

1 hour ago, frazdaddy said:

Nah, it needs a string of 60/70's to germinate. Ground temp in the upper 50's. You can sod it though. It will be dormant but will start to grow when temps go up.

I'll deal with the mud.  Either way, the dogs will tear up sod or seed this time of year.  I was just hoping to fence them off for a couple weeks and fill in the bad spots.  Everyone here knows darn good and well we will be begging for rain next June/July to keep all that new fescue alive.  Extremes, just the way we roll here in the sunny south.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Queencitywx said:

This is totally subjective, but...

i would’ve rather had the one big event here(11”) split into two events with cold weather following each.

Man thats what I tried to say after the last storm and got raked for it.  I sooo agree.  But you should prepare for the flaming arrows if history is consistent.

16 minutes ago, frazdaddy said:

And...That's a young team. Trevor Lawrence is a sophomore and Justin Ross is a freshman. There will be Tiger paws on 95 all the way to the Ga line for a while.

Believe it or not, Trevor Lawrence is a freshman which makes this team this team a playoff favorite for the next several years.

50 minutes ago, calculus1 said:

Lawrence is a true freshman, not sophomore. He looked ready for NFL last night. BTW, I'm no Clemson fan, but I do like Dabo. I admire his enthusiasm for the game and his unashamed proclamations of his faith in Christ.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm not either,but holy moly that was amazing.  Agree on Dabo, his enthusiasm elevates the players for sure. 

It was truly amazing watching & listening to the 95% of the espn talking heads crew who were doing the pregame along with saban and his players eat tons of humble pie all night long...the looks on saban and bama players faces going in at halftime like they all had just saw a ghost was priceless....beating the number 1 & 3 teams in the country on a neutral field within a 10 day period 74-19....

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, NorthernUpstateSC said:

It was truly amazing watching & listening to the 95% of the espn talking heads crew who were doing the pregame along with saban and his players eat tons of humble pie all night long...the looks on saban and bama players faces going in at halftime like they all had just saw a ghost was priceless....beating the number 1 & 3 teams in the country on a neutral field within a 10 day period 74-19....

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m diehard Carolina fan. Always have been always will be. I can pull for most ACC teams except Duke. No way.   

But hats off to Clemson Tigers and all tiger fans on here . What a team. 

Freshman QB and WR. Are you kidding me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NorthernUpstateSC said:

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gamecock fan here, but man does it feel good for the CFP Championship to be back in the Palmetto State

#TwoTeamsOneState

2 hours ago, Orangeburgwx said:

Gamecock fan here, but man does it feel good for the CFP Championship to be back in the Palmetto State

#TwoTeamsOneState

Thanks Orangeburg...

I wish all my gamecock buddies felt the way you do!! LOL....

Good luck on the new storm threat thread you started today! Hopefully you will bring the "MOJO" again and, we can get something down your way this time for a change!!

• Thanks 1