• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Banter Thread

jburns

FedEx ground sucks. I usually try not to use them but I ordered a bunch of stuff from Wallyworld and it promised a Saturday delivery. I waited as long as I could and figured they would just drop it off at the door like UPS and USPS does. At 4:30 I had to leave for about an hour and of course a short while later they showed up and then left without leaving the packages. Why they don't give a time at least within a few hours when they will deliver is beyond me. They gave me a 12 hour window. I will do my best to never use them again if I can help it. They are worse than the cable guy. Now I have to wait until Monday and hope they get here before I leave for work.

Now I got a notice that they will deliver Monday by 8 PM. The holding site is over an hour away so going there is a no go. 

My elderly German Shepherd enjoys spending a lot of time on the screened in back porch with our Standard Poodle puppy.  He doesn’t mind a dry (55% humidity) 20 degree day, but he hates these wet (95% humidity) 45 degree days.  He gets chilled to the bone, so I bring him in.

The pup, however, could stay out there all day.  Ah, the benefits of youth.  I didn’t realize that Standard Poodles like the water as much as he does even when it’s cold.  I still bring him in though.

3 hours ago, kvegas-wx said:

Another plowable December to remember??  Great, that also means golfing by February.

Probably so.  I’m playing in a golf tournament on December 7.  For that weekend, I’ll be conflicted between the wish to be sitting at home with a half foot of snow on the ground or out on the course with a mostly sunny 60 degrees.  It’ll be a 34 degree rain.  :arrowhead:

On 11/16/2019 at 9:01 PM, yotaman said:

FedEx ground sucks. I usually try not to use them but I ordered a bunch of stuff from Wallyworld and it promised a Saturday delivery. I waited as long as I could and figured they would just drop it off at the door like UPS and USPS does. At 4:30 I had to leave for about an hour and of course a short while later they showed up and then left without leaving the packages. Why they don't give a time at least within a few hours when they will deliver is beyond me. They gave me a 12 hour window. I will do my best to never use them again if I can help it. They are worse than the cable guy. Now I have to wait until Monday and hope they get here before I leave for work.

Now I got a notice that they will deliver Monday by 8 PM. The holding site is over an hour away so going there is a no go. 

Same here, Fedex delivers around 4pm. They used to deliver around 11am every day they have a package. Thanks for wasting my time fedex!

1432191855_joxi_screenshot_1574431744035(1).thumb.png.0fd205b2f6831d7dfc289eb047fc638d.png

Funny/interesting what RAH said in their Short Term discussion last night:

.SHORT TERM /THURSDAY AND THURSDAY NIGHT/... As of 215 AM Wednesday... 1035+ mb surface high pressure is expected to build across the eastern states from Ontario and the Great Lakes states Thursday and Thursday night. CAA will send the temperatures below normal for Thursday and Thursday night. Expect highs 5-10 degrees below normal with highs most likely skewed toward the colder MET/EC statistical guidance. The GFS appears too warm. Expect mostly mid to upper 50s north and lower 60s south with mostly sunny skies. Expect mainly clear and cold conditions Thursday night with lows in the upper 20s to mid 30s. Throw out the GFS MOS! It is too warm, again. &&

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

Man, the CFS says we could be in for a wild ride the next few weeks. 

https://www.pivotalweather.com/model.php?m=cfs&p=prateptype_cat&rh=2019120500&fh=12&r=conus&dpdt=&mc=

Start from beginning and go to the end. Lots of potential storms (especially for central NC northward). 

LOL, we will all be worn out by Christmas. Thanks for posting!

I’m upgrading from a portable gas generator to a propane whole-house generator, but it’s not scheduled to be installed until the week between Christmas and New Year.  Y’all can thank me for this early potential activity in December.  Once the generator is installed, January and February will be quite. :unsure:

On 12/5/2019 at 10:27 AM, magpiemaniac said:

I’m upgrading from a portable gas generator to a propane whole-house generator, but it’s not scheduled to be installed until the week between Christmas and New Year.  Y’all can thank me for this early potential activity in December.  Once the generator is installed, January and February will be quite. :unsure:

Quite quiet?  :)

I'm not even disappointed in the fairly long possibility of snow falling apart; more so that the signs were pointing to having at least some signals to track in the next couple of weeks. I suppose we'll have to wait a little while before we get any hot threads!

EDIT: The past two winter finals seasons I've been able to procrastinate studying by checking the forums; I was counting on that again!:lol:

• 2 weeks later...