Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Banter Thread

jburns

3 hours ago, AsheCounty48 said:

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_40.png

Obviously book it. Snow I 40 north? Mix 77 west? You know it's true.

I am going to be sad when GSO gets a yuuuge winter this year while I don't get much.  I wish I still lived there during wintertime, at least. :(

Well, MBY got 11" last December, but that didn't help considering I lived in tropical Florida then....

5 hours ago, superjames1992 said:

Since I live 15 miles NW of KRDU, I plan on scaling up any model output snow totals for KRDU by 250% IMBY.  What could go wrong?

Over the summer, I moved from 3+ miles west of downtown GSO to 10+ miles north of downtown GSO.  I might have increased my odds slightly for higher accumulations all things being equal.  :D

I like that we already have fantasy snows to discuss this early in November.  I think we can all cash in at least once this coming season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, magpiemaniac said:

Over the summer, I moved from 3+ miles west of downtown GSO to 10+ miles north of downtown GSO.  I might have increased my odds slightly for higher accumulations all things being equal.  :D

I like that we already have fantasy snows to discuss this early in November.  I think we can all cash in at least once this coming season.

Dang man, ya left us hanging over here in Kvegas!  Now its just me and TarheelWx.  You go to Reidsville?

1 hour ago, kvegas-wx said:

Dang man, ya left us hanging over here in Kvegas!  Now its just me and TarheelWx.  You go to Reidsville?

I’m still in Guilford County about a mile south of the Rockingham County line.  We just wanted to get outside the city limits of Greensboro.  So you can still count me in as a Triad club member.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ILMRoss said:

this snow threat is kind of cute but i'm mainly just POed that it's cutting the tail off of the fall golf season. courses will be brown and soggy by november :thumbsdown:

I'm more excited over the cold coming in. I highly doubt I'll even see a flurry next week, unless I go to the Mountains.

14 hours ago, JoshM said:

I'm more excited over the cold coming in. I highly doubt I'll even see a flurry next week, unless I go to the Mountains.

Yeah. No snow for me but will be nice to see the first real freeze, still got bugs around. Looks like a healthy front for Nov, but probably not approaching records in my area. GSP record low maxes for 13th, 14th, 15th are 40, 36, and 37 so won't be going that low (record lows are 20, 20, 17), and this will be nothing like the 1950 outbreak. 

3 hours ago, Solak said:

Gotta love the headlines this morning.

USA Today:

Next week's Arctic blast will be so cold, forecasters expect it to break 170 records across US

CBS News:

Americans prepare for Arctic blast

CNN Headlines:

Next Week's Weather to be Cooler

Summit on Global Warming to Declare No Cold Records to be Broken Ever Again! 

:ph34r:

5 hours ago, Solak said:

Gotta love the headlines this morning.

USA Today:

Next week's Arctic blast will be so cold, forecasters expect it to break 170 records across US

CBS News:

Americans prepare for Arctic blast

That's awesome.  I think our area might crash all the way down to the upper 20s one night.  A few days ago, I remember seeing a 12.  Models seem like they might struggle by overdoing temps just a little bit in the long range.

On 10/31/2019 at 8:08 AM, nchighcountrywx said:

Our friend and board contributor Big Frosty from the Foothills of NC is having back spinal surgery this morning to have spacers and a rod put in to help lessen back pain associated with nerve compression.

Please cover him in prayer this morning for a successful surgery with no complications.

Any update on Frosty's surgery? 

3 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:

I've made it so far. lol............ Been a rough week, But slowly improving. They say 6-8 weeks out of work.  I appreciate you asking about me!!! Take care my friend. 

Glad to hear it !  

Only benefit, I guess, is that you've got a lots of time to read our silly postings on the weather !

• Like 1

Last couple of days wyff has headlines stating "bitter cold", and Greenville Online has one saying "extreme cold." Sorry but that is just silly. Below normal? Yes. But highs in the 40s and lows in mid 20s is not unusual even for the upstate in Nov. LOL at the hyperbolic language, other people around the country would be like ,"what cold."

:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Last couple of days wyff has headlines stating "bitter cold", and Greenville Online has one saying "extreme cold." Sorry but that is just silly. Below normal? Yes. But highs in the 40s and lows in mid 20s is not unusual even for the upstate in Nov. LOL at the hyperbolic language, other people around the country would be like ,"what cold."

:rolleyes:

Every town has these “journalists”.  They’re the same people who browse social media looking for virtue signaling human interest stories.

On 11/9/2019 at 11:19 PM, calculus1 said:

ASU with 2 wins (count 'em! - UNC & USC) over Power 5 conference schools! What might have been had they not screwed up against GSU last week? Anyway, Go App!

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

They are back in the top 25 this week. Stinks they lost to GSU. I guess the law of averages said they had to lose one of those games they were supposed to win.

I'm a UNC fan, and I just laughed at people that said ASU beating us was an 'upset'. I felt like that game had the same vibe as when we played Miami or Wake Forest. I thought we were lucky to have a chance at the end.

Think about how much $$$ South Carolina puts into their football program. Now think about how much ASU budgets for theirs. AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

As a USC fan its sickening.  And the fact that it's not surprising at all is even more sickening. The situation down there is a total mess and it never gets any better. They spend WAAAY too much money to not have a better product. I can't believe there's never been more accountability over the years for how poor the program has been compared to the investment.