Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Banter Thread

jburns

1 hour ago, southernskimmer said:

Hoping my Pack can get this win...

You poor soul. :lol:

I feel extremely fortunate my Heels got the win. We hit a lot of shots, and controlled the boards, which made up for the turnovers. I'm not confident about the rematch in CH in a few weeks.

FWIW, State's got a different vibe since Keatts took over. I feel like this is a guy that can build a program (and I never got that sense from Lowe or Gottfried).

It's too bad ya'll hung on to Gottfried for as long as you did. Every offseason, it seemed like at least 2 players would transfer out. Now it looks like players are transferring in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YetAnotherRDUGuy said:

You poor soul. :lol:

I feel extremely fortunate my Heels got the win. We hit a lot of shots, and controlled the boards, which made up for the turnovers. I'm not confident about the rematch in CH in a few weeks.

FWIW, State's got a different vibe since Keatts took over. I feel like this is a guy that can build a program (and I never got that sense from Lowe or Gottfried).

It's too bad ya'll hung on to Gottfried for as long as you did. Every offseason, it seemed like at least 2 players would transfer out. Now it looks like players are transferring in.

Yes Keatts is one of the good ones. We finally got what we were looking for. We played hard to the last whistle so I can’t complain. The Gott era sucked. He was definitely a Grade-A greaseball. Game was pretty sloppy, but you have to be happy with an ACC win on the road vs a top 25 opponent. Always good for the resume

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, southernskimmer said:

Yes Keatts is one of the good ones. We finally got what we were looking for. We played hard to the last whistle so I can’t complain. The Gott era sucked. He was definitely a Grade-A greaseball. Game was pretty sloppy, but you have to be happy with an ACC win on the road vs a top 25 opponent. Always good for the resume

It's funny how Keatts wasn't the 1st choice, but was likely the best choice. (We'll likely know for sure about 3 years from now) I agree you finally got what you were looking for.

Oh Gottfried. He sure could talk the talk. Talented enough to score an upset or two in the NCAA's, and land some top recruits. Then they would mysteriously transfer.

7 hours ago, YetAnotherRDUGuy said:

It's funny how Keatts wasn't the 1st choice, but was likely the best choice. (We'll likely know for sure about 3 years from now) I agree you finally got what you were looking for.

Oh Gottfried. He sure could talk the talk. Talented enough to score an upset or two in the NCAA's, and land some top recruits. Then they would mysteriously transfer.

He was probably getting it on with their girlfriends.  Anyway, congrats to the Heels on a good win.  Can’t give a good team 200 second and third and fourth chance shots.  Kevin Keatts is a winner.

2 hours ago, Cold Rain said:

He was probably getting it on with their girlfriends.  Anyway, congrats to the Heels on a good win.  Can’t give a good team 200 second and third and fourth chance shots.  Kevin Keatts is a winner.

Thank you sir. Will be interesting to see what happens for both teams before their rematch in a month. Our conference looks brutal at the top this year.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2019 at 4:05 PM, NorthernUpstateSC said:

Thanks Orangeburg...

I wish all my gamecock buddies felt the way you do!! LOL....

Good luck on the new storm threat thread you started today! Hopefully you will bring the "MOJO" again and, we can get something down your way this time for a change!!

It was awesome!  Didn't care too much for SF, but Levi stadium was nice!  Can't wait for the Superdome next January!....

11 hours ago, YetAnotherRDUGuy said:

Thank you sir. Will be interesting to see what happens for both teams before their rematch in a month. Our conference looks brutal at the top this year.

Yeah, the ACC is pretty stacked this year.  You guys will no doubt do very well.  I’m still not sure about the Pack, in terms of their consistency.  Most of the players are new (transfers) this year.  But they play with a really good energy and attitude.  Going to be a fun season.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Snow dog said:

It was awesome!  Didn't care too much for SF, but Levi stadium was nice!  Can't wait for the Superdome next January!....

Hey Snow Dog...that had to be awesome watching a dismantling like that in person!! Agreed cannot wait until next January at the Superdome! Was listening to the best clips last night on tiger net from the Paul Fienbaum show from tuesday when he was talking with bama fans.... This one guy named "Larry The Legend" told fienbaum "WE GOT CURB STOMPED BY DAMN FABIO....AND THEN ASKED...HOW IN THE HE*L DID WE ALLOW THAT TO HAPPEN....HE SAID FABIO ROAD IN ON HIS WHITE HORSE AND JUST CURB STOMPED OUR A**ES.... He had a deep accent like the cookie monster the head coach from LSU....It was so funny I started crying I was laughing so hard....

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, CavalierHoo said:

Hey folks.  I'll try here first so I don't mess up your storm thread.  I was wondering if someone could help me out with timing on this.  I have to drive from Raleigh back to Richmond tomorrow, leaving Raleigh around 1:30 pm.  Any thoughts on conditions?

Based on current trends (and NWS forecasts), I think you're good.

In Raleigh and Richmond, precip isn't expected to start until after 6pm. Raleigh looks to be liquid when it starts. Richmond might be frozen, but if you leave at 130pm, you should get there before being overly concerned about it.

Sat night (especially overnight) in Richmond might be a different story..

Need advice. Looking to move to NC end of this year. Need to be within a couple hours of RDU (aging parents; need occasional caring for). Work in IT. Love to be in a good winter WX area. Also somewhere with relatively cheap apartment living (not like downtown Raleigh).

4 hours ago, CamWX said:

Need advice. Looking to move to NC end of this year. Need to be within a couple hours of RDU (aging parents; need occasional caring for). Work in IT. Love to be in a good winter WX area. Also somewhere with relatively cheap apartment living (not like downtown Raleigh).

I would try somewhere north and/or west of RDU.  Winston-Salem, Greensboro, Burlington, Roxboro, etc.

• Thanks 1

Glenn Burns... going out on a limb! :lmao:

Next weekend into early next week you all need to stay tuned. Big time cold air and snow would be likely. Cannot say where or how much yet. We will not know that until the day before, as always. Right now it looks like the precip moves in first and THEN the cold air. Not ideal conditions for a big snow storm. It’s more like the air gets colder AFTER the big event and then the colder air squeezes out what moisture remains. Time will tell. Too early to be any more specific.

Based on current trends (and NWS forecasts), I think you're good.
In Raleigh and Richmond, precip isn't expected to start until after 6pm. Raleigh looks to be liquid when it starts. Richmond might be frozen, but if you leave at 130pm, you should get there before being overly concerned about it.
Sat night (especially overnight) in Richmond might be a different story..

Thanks RDUG! Made it home a half hour before it started snowing (~3:30). Snowing like heck now. Hope y’all get the good stuff and avoid the ice. I think I’ll see more ice than snow tonight and tomorrow being 15 miles south of the city. Good luck!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CamWX said:

4 hours ago, calculus1 said:

I would try somewhere north and/or west of RDU.  Winston-Salem, Greensboro, Burlington, Roxboro, etc.

I second Calc's suggestions. Really anywhere in the Triad would be a good place to consider. Easy drive within 2 hrs and rental costs aren't too pricey.

Burlington and Roxboro are good suggestions too. They are closer, and tend to do better than RDU more often than not for winter weather (see the early Dec storm for example).

• Thanks 1

On 1/13/2019 at 2:55 PM, Orangeburgwx said:

DAMN! Brady is putting on a clinic

Can't wait to see what happens Sunday.

Starting to see some articles about the weather in Kansas City for the game. NWS currently calling a high of 11, and low of 5. Game starts at 6:40pm, which means single digits are likely.

I'm sure Brady and the Patriots are used to it, as well as most of the Chiefs. But I wonder about Mahomes. Has he ever played in vodka cold?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, YetAnotherRDUGuy said:

Can't wait to see what happens Sunday.

Starting to see some articles about the weather in Kansas City for the game. NWS currently calling a high of 11, and low of 5. Game starts at 6:40pm, which means single digits are likely.

I'm sure Brady and the Patriots are used to it, as well as most of the Chiefs. But I wonder about Mahomes. Has he ever played in vodka cold?

Mahomes played at Texas Tech, he will be fine 

I'm gonna vent...

Some 13 year old in the Discord server I'm in has only been studying the weather since 2016, yet he is trying to tell me "Florida never has pure snow" despite me posting multiple storm totals from various years, and all models that show FL snow are wrong. I have been studying weather for 18 years, I know what the hell I'm talking about. 

1 minute ago, Orangeburgwx said:

I'm gonna vent...

Some 13 year old in the Discord server I'm in has only been studying the weather since 2016, yet he is trying to tell me "Florida never has pure snow" despite me posting multiple storm totals from various years, and all models that show FL snow are wrong. I have been studying weather for 18 years, I know what the hell I'm talking about. 

Is pure snow the kind that isn't yellow? Because I'm guessing in Florida there's not a whole lot of "pure" anything. So he may have a point haha

10 minutes ago, Orangeburgwx said:

I'm gonna vent...

#fakesnow

13 hours ago, Orangeburgwx said:

I'm gonna vent...

Oh - don't hurt the poor 'snow flake' :D

On 1/16/2019 at 7:44 PM, Orangeburgwx said:

I'm gonna vent...

I've been studying the weather for 55  years. No, you don't. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

There's a whole lot of whining and complaining in the pattern thread. It would be great if you guys can take it over here to banter rather than cluttering up the actual discussion and weather talk.

This is the perfect place to talk about your winter preferences and hobbies and when you're putting out your preemergent and when you're going fishing and playing golf and whether you like dry and cold weather or warm and wet weather or any other combination and whatever short phrases you want to post as your reaction to a map and whether you identify with Lucy or Charlie Brown...

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Some of the banter post in the discussion thread is just ridiculous. i go in there to get reliable information about the upcoming pattern and possible storms. However i have to sort through numerous of unrelated post than the topic at hand. All this cliff diving between each model suite itself is quite appalling. For example 0z could be showing a great setup and everyone is pumped up and talking about certain dates that could potentially produce storms. then 6z could show and unfavorable set up and everyone is going crazy filling the discussion with pointless post screaming torch fest and we never can get a good set up etc.  Again we are in the south east. I myself want to get wintry weather as bad as any other person on this board but if it doesn't happen i don't go in the discussion thread with my self pity ranting about why each model suit wasn't as favorable as the other. 

• Like 1