Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Futility Thread - Winter 18/19

NorEastermass128

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Not enough to take a day off, but enough to urinate all over the commute and mess the car and shoes up. Fuc# you, ma nature....and happy venereal disease. Take this god foresaken Scott Baio winter and shove up your a$$.

It's not much different than a Red Sox-Yankees playoff game where you have studied the pitchers and the lineups and you were convinced the Sox are going to crush the ball.  Well, they do crush the ball,  except every time it is just foul or finds its way into a glove for a highlight reel catch.  Your anaylisis is correct but everything else finds a way to go wrong. 

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It's not much different than a Red Sox-Yankees playoff game where you have studied the pitchers and the lineups and you were convinced the Sox are going to crush the ball.  Well, they do crush the ball,  except every time it is just foul or finds its way into a glove for a highlight reel catch.  Your anaylisis is correct but everything else finds a way to go wrong. 

So much more to learn in the MET business....or is it just random chaos more often than not????  This winter is certainly showing the latter is in firm control at times.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

LMAO.....We're coming off the tracks.  But it's warranted.  This winter to date has blown Chow big time.   Any low 80's coming up for Feb like last year....hope so.   Let's try for all time lowest snowfall total this year.  I'm at 12.75" on the season.  Even 11-12 had about 18" for the total snow for my area that crap year, maybe this winter becomes the New all time Ratter over that one????   Bring on the Rat!!

I can honestly tell you that I would sign on the dotted line right now for February 2018.

The crap the long range guidance is pulling right now reminds me of late Dec-January...just bad enough to suck, and just good enough to be miserable.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I can honestly tell you that I would sign on the dotted line right now for February 2018.

The crap the long range guidance is pulling right now reminds me of late Dec-January...just bad enough to suck, and just good enough to be miserable.

Me too...bring on the torch like last Feb, that beats this turd by a mile.   Man this stinks.    

Only saving grace for me is that I've been up north twice this winter already, and had some great winter fun...so that's taken the edge off somewhat.   But I'd love a good winter snowstorm here at home too.

34 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'd rather a torch winter...and I honestly mean that. I'll take wall to wall warmth over this. Tomorrow can suck a fat one....I honestly hope its all rain becuase 1-2" of butt schmegma isn't worth a nightmare commute.

Pass.

Maybe someone should ask his parents to take him/her/ze/zit/zey/*((fds)***... for a weekend up in snow country (you pick, I'd go for Pittsburg NH or Caribou ME). Or, if said person has said persons license, borrow one of the cars and drive there to see that not very far north of us winter is rolling along beautifully.

Just now, J Paul Gordon said:

Wow these meltdowns are epic. Its just the damn weather girls and boys! 

In all likelihood everyone in SNE will get one good snowstorm, maybe a bunch of them.... but if not, really?

I've been saying that for a long time. There is no sense at all in having a meltdown over something that cannot  be controlled. Rule #1 The weather is going to be whatever it is.  Rule #2 See rule #1. 

24 minutes ago, MaineJayhawk said:

Yeah, weeklies.    I've never understood why some seem to need to know how those look.  I could not care less.  And, as an aside, I am enjoying Ray's melt.

I agree regarding the weeklies. I never look at them.  Some will look at the weeklies without even considering what the pattern has been doing for months. I never had high hopes for this winter because of the El Nino and the overall look of the pacific. 

2 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Crap seasons don't generally cause many melts. They're just sort of a slow-burning annoyance. It's the major storms that bust that bring the ruckus. If one is supposed to pull 20" and one winds up with 2", buckle up, Buckeroo.

The issue is some individuals assume that every winter is going to be a snowy and cold one. And that leads them to getting their hopes sky high. And it also leads to them ignoring other clues that the winter isn't going to be all that cold and snowy.  The winter history of SNE is littered with winters that weren't all that good. 

• Like 1

Weeklies run hot and cold. You obv gotta take them with a grain of salt but they have their uses especially if they are lining up wth the end of ensemble runs. 

The weeklies actually sniffed out the dogshit in December pretty well plus the ensuing "rebound" to merely meh in the first half of January...but they were awful with the cold in November and have struggled to predict the pattern in late January and early February. 

1 minute ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

The issue is some individuals assume that every winter is going to be a snowy and cold one. And that leads them to getting their hopes sky high. And it also leads to them ignoring other clues that the winter isn't going to be all that cold and snowy.  The winter history of SNE is littered with winters that weren't all that good. 

I think most would take average snow. That’d feel pretty snowy. 

1 minute ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

I think there are several people who consider average snowfall  to not be all that good. And that is part of the problem.

Also, average snow would feel like crap when the past 15-20 years has averaged 120-130% of climo. Those of us that remember the lean years that lasted more than a season or two know the difference. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

LMAO.....We're coming off the tracks.  But it's warranted.  This winter to date has blown Chow big time.   Any low 80's coming up for Feb like last year....hope so.   Let's try for all time lowest snowfall total this year.  I'm at 12.75" on the season.  Even 11-12 had about 18" for the total snow for my area that crap year, maybe this winter becomes the New all time Ratter over that one????   Bring on the Rat!!

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Dude, gimme a Feb '18 with a backer of March '12, please and thank you.