Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Medium/Long Range Discussion

nj2va

Just now, losetoa6 said:

You could see significant changes already at 60 hours or so lol

It is basically useless trying to figure out where the GFS is going/trending when we see such massive changes. I understand it is pretty much due to how it is handling the NS energy but still we are talking runs that aren't even in the same ball park. I guess until further notice I will be sticking with the GEFS (which hasn't been exactly stellar either) and the EURO/EPS to get a sense where we stand.

• Like 1

Scanning across the web seems the concensus is we still get to phase 7 and 8 in a week plus minus a day or two. 

Meanwhile the next several days should start to see some impacts to the modeling from the SSWE.   

True impacts seem uncertain still and I have read some Mets changing stance on not getting impacts to stating we will have impacts. Everything is in flux still. 

This is interesting though , the Sparta  trend GIF which pushes the return of Westerlies back in time.

In addition to above from Isotherm, just posted 

The momentum response which many of us have been forecasting/discussing for weeks is occurring -- strong FT surge, EAMT rising rapidly, and AAM tendency, rising sharply. This coinciding w/ MJO propagation through dateline. The much advertised tropospheric alterations in progress.

• Like 1

around this time last year, the potomac was starting to freeze over.  that stretch of cold temps was brutal.  pretty remarkable difference between last year and this year so far, though last year we ended up not doing well in the snow dept.  maybe this year it's flip flopped.  mild start, but snowier finish.

Just now, nj2va said:

Are you ready to jump?

No, not all all. I might melt and troll the F out of this place tho and keep it up until it looks promising inside of a reasonable amount of lead time. So i guess i'm saying its time to prepare and dust off the ledge and pile up broken glass and rusty  nails in the landing area. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF locked this topic