Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Medium/Long Range Discussion

nj2va

16 minutes ago, Ji said:

well this is crap man because the great looking weeklies from 2 weeks ago had 3 week and week 4 as epic. The last week of January should of been epic. Not cutters. So now your telling me we have to wait till feb for snow lol

There was one head fake run around Xmas that went right to the NAO block in mid January but there have been 6 weekly runs since so why you holding onto that?  You knew that was out.  But this is the last weekly run everyone was celebrating for the time period coming up. I see a war and a pna ridge too far west to offset it. This looks about like what is coming. So why you shocked. It was after this week in question that things got epic. Enjoy your 11” otg and have some freaking patience. 

E8876DA5-F1BF-4895-ADE4-D99711D7BCD4.thumb.png.78a2f27e9603b59f02c07bc411efb7a0.png

11 minutes ago, Ji said:

lol okay..i thought this week was the transition week. Jan 15-22. PSU magic Jan 15 date. Ill stay patient

The pattern has already changed in case you haven’t looked outside lately. But it’s in transition. The evolution to the end result will take 10-15 days. During that time we can score. We just did but it’s not perfect and rain is a threat. Chill out. 

Just now, psuhoffman said:

The pattern has already changed in case you haven’t looked outside lately. But it’s in transition. The evolution to the end result will take 10-15 days. During that time we can score. We just did but it’s not perfect and rain is a threat. Chill out. 

He cant seem to accept that rain is always a threat in winter around here- even in a good pattern.

3 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

The first time i have seen the EPS agree with the gefs on a stout -NAO.  Usually if the gefs show it in the LR the EPS is washed out...Signs we are heading that way in D10+

eta: well, maybe not the first time but its the first time this season

Yeah that's the best (advertised) -NAO I can recall this winter on the EPS.

6 minutes ago, nj2va said:

That panel actually lines up really well with the weeklies panel PSU just posted.  Gives even more confidence to that WAR continue to progress into the NAO domain.  

You could wager the weeklies will show the sweet look up top and the -NAO later today when they are released.

I would not be surprised to see intense blocking in our favorite locations throughout all the weeks. The ongoing SSWE and indications of  coupling should give us some drool worthy looks. 

Ii find this very interesting "  Note that in the #SuddenStratosphericWarming of 2018 the wind at 50 hPa never reversed. " 

If indeed we get this to happen I would expect additional blocking and a longer duration as well.   

4 minutes ago, frd said:

You could wager the weeklies will show the sweet look up top and the -NAO later today when they are released.

I would not be surprised to see intense blocking in our favorite locations throughout all the weeks. The ongoing SSWE and indications of  coupling should give us some drool worthy looks. 

Ii find this very interesting "  Note that in the #SuddenStratosphericWarming of 2018 the wind at 50 hPa never reversed. " 

If indeed we get this to happen I would expect additional blocking and a longer duration as well.   

Yep, I would bet on the weeklies maintaining the epic looks in February and showing them settle in at the end of Week 2.  

Never ever forget:

https://loudounnow.com/2018/11/21/meet-loudouns-weatherman-jay-hatem-of-jays-wintry-mix/

Now, Hatem’s Jay’s Wintry Mix Facebook page has developed a cult-like following in the region, with more than 40,000 followers and growing. Hatem is up-front about the fact that he’s not a professional meteorologist, but his uncanny forecasting skills make him even better than the pros for thousands of local fans.

• Like 7
  • Haha 11

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF locked this topic