Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Medium/Long Range Discussion

nj2va

10 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

Weeklies holding the cold and snow pattern until March 1.

Just cherry picked one panel but would suggest cold and maybe dry

58667F7E-3828-4BB7-AE3F-3924905F51C6.png

ETA: The rest of the weeklies can be found on 33andrain.

The war there might actually help in that case. Anyways today’s eps already shifted more favorably for that period. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Cold chasing precip isn’t our best avenue to a win BUT this pattern is the one that is most common in. If there are multiple waves along the boundary the trailing wave would typically be southeast of the lead wave. We saw that work in a similar pattern a few times in 2014 and 2015. 

A long-time lurker here (and old timer)- thanks everyone !- growing up in VA I recall a number of times of rain to snow in the 60's and early 70's (hasn't happened all that much recently).  Specifically, I recall a Nov 1968 12 inch rain to snow in Sperryville, VA and a February 1972 rain to snow event dropping significant snow (about 15 in) in the Warrenton to Washington, VA region- we had to stop at the "Esso" station in Gainesville and buy chains for our Ford while heading west from Arlington.  

• Like 2

This is one of your better posts. If the ao/nao set up i can tell you that they will likely stay for at least a month without looking at any further guidance

I can make good posts when I want too....but somehow I got a role here and it would be weird to divert from it lol. In the early days of the forums...I was considered funny....then I won the weenie of the year and it changed me lol

I guess you only win weenie of the year when your too optimistic and think a 982 in Iowa will give you snow Haha

• Like 3
  • Haha 11

5 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Didn’t know there is a Panama City in MD

I don't think areas to the north of us like that look too much honestly. Especially north of NYC. Us and the SE will prob get clobbered if it's right. Seeing an uber long range mean look like that means there are plenty of extreme blocking solutions in the mix

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bob Chill said:

I don't think areas to the north of us like that look too much honestly. Especially north of NYC. Us and the SE will prob get clobbered if it's right. Seeing an uber long range mean look like that means there are plenty of extreme blocking solutions in the mix

Plenty of potential last minute north trends in the mix for the next 6 weeks. #glasshalffull

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Lot's of Miller Brrrrrs

• Haha 3

I think the only redeeming thing of being in dc is that we we are often bullseyed in moderate ninos...2003,2010...2016...we were dead bullseye. And yesterday. New Englanders like la ninas which is why we hate them

3 minutes ago, yoda said:

Uh, I'm sorry... but alrighty then FV3... check this out:

fv3p_T2m_neus_fh138-144.thumb.gif.b679003393472033de7a06a6267b6cfc.gif

There actually pretty good agreement between the gfs/fv3 and the Euro for a rain to snow scenario for the weekend. I know they normally don't work out well for us but should be an interesting week of tracking.

• Like 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF locked this topic