Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Medium/Long Range Discussion

nj2va

51 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

That chart is the NAO. The TPV is initially centered too close to the NAO domain to allow it to go very negative. The AO looks better with higher heights favored over the arctic circle in general. All the long range guidance begins to weaken the tpv and retrograde the atl ridge into the classic NAO space towards late January. I’m about to make a post on how I see this going in general but I’m not worried. 

My cold medication got the best of me this morning, I did post the NAO in error. However, I appreciate all the great feedback on the topic of the AO and the NAO.

I believe there was a recent post by my Mike Ventrice where he talks about the -NAO taking longer to evolve in this type of SSWE. He presented some good info on the topic showing comparisons on this year's SSWE to last years in Feb. anfd the subsequent NAO that developed .  

I know the verification scores are low for the CMC, and that it often doesn't agree with the other models, but it seems to me that if anything, it's a little too snow/cold happy for our area compared to other models. Can anyone confirm or rebut? I don't really ever get my hopes up for a storm until the CMC shows something, even if most of them don't pan out. This is all speculation though based on 5 or so years of following this forum, and I'm curious what others have to say.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF locked this topic