Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Medium/Long Range Discussion

nj2va

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

2 mid range trends we've seen recently are further south and colder than d5+. This one might be a big storm so models will do better with general progression from longer range. If the euro goes warmer tonight it would be a bad sign. I almost expecting it. The WAR is a crappy feature for snow here. 

Yes, turned out really good. Argued for a much bigger storm and it was right. We just need psu to tell us what cips says and we can stop looking at models

I’ve always liked them not as a end all but if guidance diverges much they often hint which way guidance will trend or bust.

I’m too dispondent from my epic fringing and Eagles loss to read them now. I’ll see if I can bring myself to look tomorrow. 

...they aren’t in range yet. 

Just now, Ji said:

ive never seen a model jump so much in the mid range. Compare 12z today with 00z

I expect big jumps with the euro too. Amplified progressive flow with a WAR is hard as hell to get tracks right. Especially when 1-200 miles one way or the other is the difference between a huge hit and all rain. 

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

I expect big jumps with the euro too. Amplified progressive flow with a WAR is hard as hell to get tracks right. Especially when 1-200 miles one way or the other is the difference between a huge hit and all rain. 

euro has been fairly consistent with the storm being south of us. It hasnt had a cutter yet

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF locked this topic