Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Medium/Long Range Discussion

nj2va

4 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Gefs EPS and Geps all look great at day 15. Sub seasonal guidance all show it lasting through February. 

what do you think of my analogy that this weekend storm is similar to our Jan 30,2010 storm and our December miss was similar to the Dec 19,2009 storm

29 minutes ago, Ji said:

what do you think of my analogy that this weekend storm is similar to our Jan 30,2010 storm and our December miss was similar to the Dec 19,2009 storm

There is a similarity between the two. If you displaced the timing about 2 weeks earlier this year it makes sense. Remember there was a storm in early December in 2010 also. This year there was a storm mid November and early December with a cold blocky pattern.  The flip warm happened 10 days earlier this year and the flip back looks 10 days earlier. No two years are exactly alike but it's hard to ignore the similarities between the two so far. Let's hope those similarities continue!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AfewUniversesBelowNormal said:

There is definitely a pattern change modeled around Jan 16/17... it will be interesting to see if it happens, the pattern seems more stuck in the LR than anything else and last time it showed this something else happened. 

Really?  Thanks we should probably start talking about that!!!

• Haha 4

There is a similarity between the two. If you displaced the timing about 2 weeks earlier this year it makes sense. Remember there was a storm in early December in 2010 also. This year there was a storm mid November and early December with a cold blocky pattern.  The flip warm happened 10 days earlier this year and the flip back looks 10 days earlier. No two years are exactly alike but it's hard to ignore the similarities between the two so far. Let's hope those similarities continue!
Yes I mentioned this yesterday. The dec 5 2009 storm dropped 5 inches of wet snow which correlates to our mid November. If we had a bit more Iuck...we wouldn't be that far away from 09-10 snowwise

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

@psuhoffman dude, check out the 18z gefs for the 20th-21st. Lol. Unusually strong signal d10+. Also one of the weeniest gefs runs i can remember. We might have another storm thread open before the last flake falls from the weekend deal. 

Chuck aside is it safe to say the pattern has changed now?

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

@psuhoffman dude, check out the 18z gefs for the 20th-21st. Lol. Unusually strong signal d10+. Also one of the weeniest gefs runs i can remember. We might have another storm thread open before the last flake falls from the weekend deal. 

Some whispers from the credible met world - that window offers the chance of severe winter weather.  

6 minutes ago, frd said:

Some whispers from the credible met world - that window offers the chance of severe winter weather.  

This is the best flip on a dime pattern i've ever seen if it happens as advertised. It's one thing to flip stable warm to stable cold. But flipping from pac puke to KU pattern? Wow

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, AfewUniversesBelowNormal said:

I wonder how the ridge north of Alaska will verify, right now it's a hit of 500mb of the 10mb Stratosphere warming. In actuality it may very well be NAO. 

Pleaseeee read more and post less (as in none or only in banter).  Your clouding up the great thoughts and logic flow of those who's opinions the board really cares about.  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF locked this topic