• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Medium/Long Range Discussion

nj2va

This board though...5pm yesterday was the lowest I’ve seen it around here. 

For the threat next week, remember, the beginning of a pattern flip like what we’ve got coming up, will almost always favors areas to our north. Our time will come. Remember as of yesterday if I would have seriously talked about any threat next week I probably would have been banned. 

1 minute ago, leesburg 04 said:

The time is coming...is it more painful to be in a shutout pattern or in a hey look over there it's snowing pattern?

Subjective question. For me, shutouts are the worst by a good margin. We generally need 4 chances for each event. The most common way we get snow is by being on the outside looking in first. 

13 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

D10 euro h5 looks really good when you extrapolate. 12z eps should up the ante across the board.

I pretty much wrote off Jan this week so if we fail d10 it wont bug me at all as long as there are more ops on the radar

I have been cautiously optimistic, but given how quickly things seem to be changing in our favor over the last day or 2, mid month might be our first legit threat window in what seems like forever. But yeah beyond that the h5 looks are beginning to look very palatable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I have been cautiously optimistic, but given how quickly things seem to be changing in our favor over the last day or 2, mid month might be our first legit threat window in what seems like forever. But yeah beyond that the looks are beginning to look very palatable.

It would literally take just a sneeze to turn this into a snowstorm here

ecmwf_z500a_us_10.png

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

D10 euro h5 looks really good when you extrapolate. 12z eps should up the ante across the board.

I pretty much wrote off Jan this week so if we fail d10 it wont bug me at all as long as there are more ops on the radar

no you wouldnt----you would be crushed if the euro verified as is

41 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

The time is coming...is it more painful to be in a shutout pattern or in a hey look over there it's snowing pattern?

See...I know for me, the shutout pattern is more peaceful. The "Hey look over there" pattern bothers me more because of the close misses that can ensue (especially when you've had a run of those the last couple of years) Guess it feels better if we're all kinda disappointed together, lol (and that we've earned a good hit!)

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF locked this topic