Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
January Medium/Long Range Discussion

nj2va

2 things:

1.  I'm so f-cking tired of talking about the weeklies as the only thing we got going on.

2.  FWIW, they've been consistent in showing a good-to-epic late Jan/early Feb even once it became clear that these first 2 weeks of January would not be a transition period but instead just more of the disgusting same.  Not sure what that means, but either our patience will be rewarded or they will epically bust.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Without question my favorite sleet storm of all time. The glacial period following was epic. My buddy's wife was an xray tech and her practice was jammed from sledding accidents and slip and falls. Lol

Let's do this

Screenshot_20190102-205708_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I think we are still in the game for a workable pattern by the 20th. Some sort of a fluke deal is certainly not impossible before that.

I’m riding this flip til I’m either taking a walk through 25 degree temps with heavy fatties rippin, beer in hand...or taking a walk on Feb 2 while its 75 with a margarita in my hand.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

The good thing about our sub is we are all on the same page with accepting we're screwed until we're not screwed in real time. Heartbreaks and near misses bring out the worst. Wall to wall disgusting runs and expectations of total failure keeps things peaceful. 

I dont think there is a sub in the east that doesnt feel sunk right now (see what i did there).

Win, lose or draw I still enjoy it here and have learned as much (or more) in bad times as I have in good times, cause I know what to look for with snow patterns, but the burns have more of a lasting impression and seeing what went wrong is part of the weather weenie growth.  lol

If/when we flip, this place is gonna be madness trying to land the first notworthy event.  

Keep the good chatter up.

2 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

its almost worth the pain of waiting............

or is it?

10 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

I'm bored....

Since you said that, I looked 700/850's all good.  Here is your problem, storm is on the way out, and likely dynamics to flip have exited stage right.

gfs_T2m_us_49.png

Nice.  Thanks.  It’s ok because we are all getting 48 inches in a couple weeks.  

Something has to be wrong with the weeklies 2m temp anoms. 46 day departure is -10....Celsius 

It’s almost for sure wrong. When looking in 7 day chunks we go into consistent negative departures from days 21-28 on but it’s not enough to drop us to -10, especially given the other 21 days are all positive anomalies.

40 minutes ago, frd said:

Never saw one like that in years.  That was like feet and feet of snow  ( I could only wish it were true ) 

And NO SCREW ZONES   pretty  !!!!!! 

There is one screw zone I do see.  Boston gets less digital snow than us!  Haha. F them. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF locked this topic