Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Medium/Long Range Discussion

nj2va

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

We're going to have to put all our faith in north american NWP because europe just cancelled Jan. 

what dosent make sense is how this SSW would cause the worst blue of the year around the Arctic and Greenland lol

Just now, Bob Chill said:

It better bust again or I'm going on an epic melt/rant

Most don’t follow it much outside the December to March period.  It frequently gets beat by the GFES beyond day 10 when nobody is really paying attention. We did have two cases in the last few winters where it happened as well

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I know there are a few on here that have photographic memories....Anyone recall how the Euro handled last years SSW event?  Wonder what the LR progs were like in early Feb?  I know this question is a tall order that will probably go unanswered but figured I would try....

3 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Most don’t follow it much outside the December to March period.  It frequently gets beat by the GFES beyond day 10 when nobody is really paying attention. We did have two cases in the last few winters where it happened as well

Wow, thats very interesting.   

1 minute ago, poolz1 said:

I know there are a few on here that have photographic memories....Anyone recall how the Euro handled last years SSW event?  Wonder what the LR progs were like in early Feb?  I know this question is a tall order that will probably go unanswered but figured I would try....

Great question, I dont remember, but like to hear form anyone who does.  

4 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

I just asked two people and got two different answers.  One said the GEFS schooled it and the other said both the GEFS and EPS clearly saw it well 15 days out.  I’m guessing if you scroll back through HM’s twitter there’s an answer there 

1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

I just asked two people and got two different answers.  One said the GEFS schooled it and the other said both the GEFS and EPS clearly saw it well 15 days out.  I’m guessing if you scroll back through HM’s twitter there’s an answer there 

Thanks...much appreciated.  I'll just take this as the GEFS is always right when it comes to the strat effects! lol

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF locked this topic