Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    15,389
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    crossbowftw3
    Newest Member
    crossbowftw3
    Joined
40/70 Benchmark

January 2019 Discussion

Recommended Posts

Just now, weathafella said:

What kind of generator Kevin?

The kind thats useless if its in your garage unwired

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

You can keep it. I'd like to see a 2" ice storm as much as the next person, but as long as the power and heat stay on.

And from my experience from 1998, Go find a generator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Silence u putz

im rooting for 2 feet it ain’t coming from Friday lmao 

Do you know what the Yiddish word putz translates to in English?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m a lineman for National Grid, get a generator and run it every six months.  Trust me, ice storms are some of the most chaotic restoration events possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, weathafella said:

Do you know what the Yiddish word putz translates to in English?

Lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dryslot said:

And from my experience from 1998, Go find a generator.

Experienced  that storm at my grandfather's  in southern quebec.. as a 12 year old I was in aww...  I would do anything  to see that again..running the wood stove and playing board games and just having good family time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friday's storm could def still trend into solid advisory. I wouldn't forecast that right now but there's a path for that for sure. We've already seen some runs do it on and off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dpb1983 said:

I’m a lineman for National Grid, get a generator and run it every six months.  Trust me, ice storms are some of the most chaotic restoration events possible.

Thank you for what you do. I would add run it every month, add starton to the fuel, ethanol is a bitch on carburetors 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

He is talking about Sunday 

No he means Friday

 
48hr linear trends show that the Friday wave is becoming notably deeper on the ensemble mean. Plays a huge role in the weekend storm's track.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

No he means Friday

 
48hr linear trends show that the Friday wave is becoming notably deeper on the ensemble mean. Plays a huge role in the weekend storm's track.

Yea my bad but who knows when Pickles goes off the rails its hard to keep up

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Do you know what the Yiddish word putz translates to in English?

Precedes Cheney?

could precede, these days, “in-chief”?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

The kind thats useless if its in your garage unwired

I'm wiring a generator transfer switch for a customer tomorrow.   Agree that it's useless sitting in your garage if you have no way of connecting it to your electrical system.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

While intriguing , it’s not much of a “storm” Very minimal at its forecast strength it appears.

i think the 1st system is more Friday into Friday night.. not Thursday into Friday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, butterfish55 said:

I'm wiring a generator transfer switch for a customer tomorrow.   Agree that it's useless sitting in your garage if you have no way of connecting it to your electrical system.  

I did run extension cords for the fridge and some lamps during Irenes week as I just got it. It was summer though, he has a well, no heat, frozen pipe disaster in 9 degree weather that follows. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Can u post the 540 DM line for Friday’s crusher 

 

tenor.gif

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tiktock said:

I live in Plaistow, NH.  We had a slim band near the NH/MA border that got absolutely destroyed.  Here's a book written on the event: https://www.amazon.com/Weight-Ice-Northeast-Storm-2008/dp/0979506778

Was 2008, not 2006.  My bad.

I still see some damage to trees from the 08 ice storm in Northern Worc County.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Honda.. it’s my aunts . She got a new one that kicks on automatically as soon as power goes out . 

I’m thinking of getting one of those generacs that last for a long blackout but don’t want to spend $7k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Honda.. it’s my aunts . She got a new one that kicks on automatically as soon as power goes out . 

pay someone to install a transfer switch.  Makes it easy/safe to use you generator during an outage and keeps the linemen safe who are trying to put everything back together again

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definately need the the Friday storm to track favorable so it sets up a semi 50/50 Low to the north so the Sunday system can remain an offf shore storm and deliver the goods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I’m thinking of getting one of those generacs that last for a long blackout but don’t want to spend $7k

There plenty of standby genny’s that cost much lower than that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Greg said:

Definately need the the Friday storm to track favorable so it sets up a semi 50/50 Low to the north so the Sunday system can remain an offf shore storm and deliver the goods.

Friday’s airmass is not exactly cold. I wouldn’t anticipate much more than light rain or light snow Inside 495 and perhaps extend that north

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×