Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2019 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

He’s done a good job taking that over from Ray. 

Jeehse. Tough crowd lol. A good amount of posters have done some melting over the last week or two.

Again, it is what it is. The lack of snow from a work perspective has made my life a lot easier.

I can do without the 5 degree temps though with bare ground.

Im going to cruise past 2 months without measurable snow here. That is absolutely horrible 

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Jeehse. Tough crowd lol. A good amount of posters have done some melting over the last week or two.

Again, it is what it is. The lack of snow from a work perspective has made my life a lot easier.

I can do without the 5 degree temps though with bare ground.

Im going to cruise past 2 months without measurable snow here. That is absolutely horrible 

lol your reputation precedes you. It’s been awful no doubt but it’s about to change. No way we get through the next 4 weeks without at least two meaningful events.

Here's a :wacko2:  ... each model has a different variation on that time frame ...

But in this case, ... not just because of the time range; the wave spacial-temporal spacing from the Pacific to the Atlantic is in above average agreement for 144 thru 192 hours - no question!  That's a huge difference for me. Comparative to the last six or so weeks, over a time-span that featured anomalous amounts of discordant negative interference, at all scales and considerations, intuitively that suggest an improvement in collective performance is in store.  They could unilaterally fail...sure.  But in synoptic 101, the synoptition seeks consensus. 

Above all, first and foremost, the crippling ennui has ended for the right reasons this time.  Some of that righteousness is conceptualized by the fact that the hemispheric circulation medium, particularly over our quadrature, has finally passed through enough morphology ... ( and probably will continue to evolve - hopefully ... "phasing" with winter weather enthusiasts mental wave signatures ) that trend factors less. 

Looks like I am going to be wrong about the pattern flipping all at once in the models, though. I was thinking last month ...when all this was a merely embryonic amid the panoply of long-lead tools, that once the physical detection entered the framework of the models they'd hedge for a bit...  then perhaps demonstratively collapse into the new paradigm...  Yeah, at one or two points along the way, whole-scale changes did seem to hedge. But, that "all at once-ness" either did not happen, or perhaps this, now, is some sort of less than obvious variant.  Nevertheless, I feel confident at this point moving forward that it is more difficult to dismiss events out-of-hand.

I like the strung out nature of that wave space, in general, regarding D6-10 entity handling.  The variance in details...? That's actually entirely acceptable among the guidance sourcing - but is more of the typical variety innate to the state of the art of the tech, rather than the intelligent sadist design of the previous dynamic.  Now that we're in a hiatus of kosmik dildo floggings ... perhaps we can get down to business.

Heh..funny.  Anyway, the parallel GFS looked like a grid concerning ice storm to me, by the way.  That's a motif y'all may not want to dismiss in the probability envelope for that general three day period.  The strung out nature of the wave mechanics makes sense do to the compression in the field. Personally.. I like it when consensus is above average, but, said consensus actually fits the limitations(advantages) native to the super-synoptic evolution. In this case... a cohesive singular wave phenomenon propagating through the flow, is not warranted.  The acceleration of the balanced geostrophic wind values as S/Ws enter roughly 100 W does not physically allow for the formulation of events. Rather, wave mechanical momentum conserves along a shearing axis...

The advantage to winter enthusiasm... is that a protracted event may set up.  It could also quasi- ANA ... at one end... to perhaps a 30 hour mix ending as a middling coastal ... or even an ice storm, are all circumstantially favored through that period.  

Now, ...this could certainly change. This is an early outlook that balances in observations of limitations(advantages) where applicable. Should the gradient surplus look abate a little... other possibilities enter the fray.  Should it even increase... that, too.  But, the fact that models and their ensemble clusters appear all the same page for that general time frame, is interesting to me first and foremost for this new pattern look.      

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Feb 1969.

We all win if we could get a 1888 1969 hybrid. Or better 1888 next weekend and 1969 the following.

In any event your winter forecast is spot on!

If we do not score over the next month than at least we can say we got the unluckiest winter in our history out of the way.

1 minute ago, EastonSN+ said:

We all win if we could get a 1888 1969 hybrid. Or better 1888 next weekend and 1969 the following.

If we do not score over the next month than at least we can say we got the unluckiest winter in our history out of the way.

Most glass half-full comment ever.

2 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Most glass half-full comment ever.

I thought about it and everyone makes fun of James and snow88. However, they have it right! If your mindset it we are gonna get slammed with snow on every storm all winter, then u go through life happy regardless of outcome. Always positive.

8 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Well, so far it has been a good outlook. The next month will be the proof in the pudding.  

Or it could be a turd.   I’m leaning on a tame version of the former 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Inside runners for us and snow in between at DC. 

Meh how about NJ Tippy subsumes instead of OTS. You need a snowstorm bad I sense an epic meltdown slowly brewing in your head. Can't wait to see you angrily attacking your snowblower again with a shovel in drifts to 6 feet

• ORH_wxman locked and unpinned this topic