Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2019 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

27 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

As far as im concerned, that storm and that winter can go F*ck itself!

Smashing my keyboard in agreement. I don't believe any winter has offered such creative and excruciating ways to f&* us over. That said, the last two nor'easters last March came close in my hood. 30"+ forecast between them, 3" measured.

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I know man, I get it.  Hey you were all out cheer leaders even in 2016 when I think I had more than Stowe village lol. 

I mean that was just a brutally bad winter.  But it's funny, I don't remember that winter as emotionally frustrating as something like a 2014 split between brutal cold and then 33F rains. 

After Dec 2015, when it was 50-60F even at the summits on Christmas Eve... with no natural snow in sight (not even a trace in the shaded spruce trees above 3,000ft)... I remember completely changing my expectations to like wow, this is almost an out-of-body experience.  It's never been that bad in a very long time.  In addition the 80 year old Stone Hut burned to the ground in the dry heat, and being exposed to the full brunt of the southerly flow fueled the fire.  After being put out by firefighters and the snowmaking team, it reignited that evening in the strong warm wind.

I remember thinking after, that now it doesn't matter what the winter brings, I expect nothing.  I still believe life is all about expectations... an active weather pattern with cold and above normal precip combo, but yet no snow?  That's a lot more frustrating than just full out knowing there's no chance. 

I'm sure there will be more pics a the gathering that can be used,  but Eric (Mainejayhawk) has that version with some of the posters from here falling in that black hole...................:lol:

I searched my ass off for the original that was brilliantly done by MJH but couldn’t find it. So hilarious and apropos right now. Things are just about to get going but we all have to jump in the hole I guess to get that feely feel out of the way.

• Like 1

You never actually see me falling into the abyss on that. I'm just wandering in the upper right in the beginning. So maybe I survived the worst winter somehow....

Ray's is the best because he just comes flying across the very front of the screen and dives straight in. Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

I saw today where Vail Resorts stock was down $27, or 13% from yesterday.  They reported much lower pre-holiday resort visits.  I hadn't heard of any poor conditions there nor a lack of snow.  I wonder how NNE ski areas are holding up?

I remember when it was in the $20's was wondering who the hell would by a seasonal stock...oh well.

• ORH_wxman locked and unpinned this topic