• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2019 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

Yeah as expected... it smears into the flow as an open wave ... which is fine.  But keep in mind, that is a threader ..which inherently means less wiggle room.  Kind of tough at this range to expect such details would even remotely ... oh man who cares.  

Check back in a day and half before go time on that piece of shit.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

What kind of amounts on that run?

Looks like classic advisory snows turning into a sleet bomb (ZR a little further south) for much of the interior.

I mean, we're also analyzing a D8-9 solution....we're pretty bad these days. Stuff that used to get everyone weenie tagged.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

So that's an impressive wave coming thru the west D7.5 next week ... 

I'll maintain that if the general gradient saturation circumstance between SE Canada and Florida doesn't relax... that is an inherent negative interference pattern. 

Some part of that powerful mechanical presence in the flow can operate on the flow but unless the former relaxation take place, that thing will pay a huge absorption toll as it arrives. 

Is there some index/prognostication of index that specifically deals with mechanical presence, relaxation or robustness of the flow you're talking about?

3 minutes ago, MJOatleast7 said:

Is there some index/prognostication of index that specifically deals with mechanical presence, relaxation or robustness of the flow you're talking about?

Usually RNA coupled with negative polar modalities lending to deconstructive interference by way of a compressed latitudinal gradient in H5 height field. "Grinder" AKA shredder...

1 minute ago, MJOatleast7 said:

Not that I'm aware of....  It's interpretive mostly, but it's based upon a-priori experience combined with classical education. 

One could probably be designed based upon truer empirical statistical inference ...

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

Not that I'm aware of....  It's interpretive mostly, but it's based upon a-priori experience combined with classical education. 

One could probably be designed based upon truer empirical statistical inference ...

Maybe difference between aggregate NAO/AO/EPO (polar) domain and PNA? The larger said net value, the more positive the shred index. Lol

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

actually ... the GFS looks like a big icing event as a plausible correction for all that noise, too - 

go think ... D8 system agreed upon by the GGEM/GFS - ... lock 'er up!

Sleet storms are fun. As long as it’s not a forecasted 12” of snow turned 2” followed by sleet/zr. Like tell me upfront I’m getting 2” of snow and 3” of sleet, so I can I’ll properly prepare for it mentally. 

9 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

The GGEM looks like a ginormous ice storm from White Plains NY to interior NE Ma/S NH

Yeah, 1036 arctic high smack north of us in Quebec with that sfc track "trying" to go into interior PA/SE NY....that would likely stay pretty cold at the sfc even after the snow changes over.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah, 1036 arctic high smack north of us in Quebec with that sfc track "trying" to go into interior PA/SE NY....that would likely stay pretty cold at the sfc even after the snow changes over.

GFS keeps everyone sub freezing especially pike northward even to BOS.

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Sleet storms are fun. As long as it’s not a forecasted 12” of snow turned 2” followed by sleet/zr. Like tell me upfront I’m getting 2” of snow and 3” of sleet, so I can I’ll properly prepare for it mentally. 

I'm definitely not as scared of sleet storms as many on here...esp right now. Bare ground? Perfect time for a sleet bomb after a few inches of arctic sand....put some bass into the pack and then let the fluffer nutters fall on top of it. I think many are afraid of sleet because they correlate it with changing to rain too....often sleet is just a temporary stopover on the way to a 34F rain....but obviously if it stays sleet, then it can actually be kind of cool.

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I had 5 inches of sleet with temps in the teens in Feb 2007.

Just now, mahk_webstah said:

might'nt we triple point and keep the upper levels<32?

Lol...you're asking me if we could stay snow on a D8-9 solution?

Yeah, anything can happen at this point. For a general rule though, yeah you would typically hedge colder when the synoptic setup has a 1036 arctic high due north of us.

• Like 1

• ORH_wxman locked and unpinned this topic