• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2019 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

Taking a look at MJO stuff, and yes I'm only using the EPS after the GFS nonsense scores and shutdown...looks like a new wave will emerge in the maritime continent and move east. Probably why guidance has retro'd the ridge a tad. Canada will be an icebox. Personally I'd rather see more of that ridging into the west coast, but I'll take it. Should slowly move east I think.

16 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I’d wager  anyone and pay them 2:1 that 75- 80” in Boston ain’t happening 

any takers at 75”

I wouldnt do that bet without at least 10 to 1 odds...I'd prob need more. There is only one season in history where BOS had 75" from here on out....2015. There are a couple other seasons that came close.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Not the map I refer to. It’s your consistent wack contributions. You don’t need to be gunho but holy moly get a grip. Look back at your last week of posting, tie a rope to your neck, stand on a chair.....and take it from there.

Though you may not think it, I feel just fine. On the other hand, a lotta people doing a lotta hoping against hope and posting clown maps and staying up late to comment on obvious whiffs and all of that.  I’m not doing any of those things because I really don’t expect much of anything from this winter.  It would be nice, and of course there’s always a faint background hope (otherwise I wouldn’t be here) but I don’t.  But, I get your point.  I get it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JBinStoughton said:

Though you may not think it, I feel just fine. On the other hand, a lotta people doing a lotta hoping against hope and posting clown maps and staying up late to comment on obvious whiffs and all of that.  I’m not doing any of those things because I really don’t expect much of anything from this winter.  It would be nice but I don’t.  But, I get your point.  I get it. 

I understand your stance as well though. I get it. It’s been frustrating no doubt.

Ray ....done 

if Jerry is measuring in Brookline ill

go 80” season total (end of April or whatever)

but I don’t beleive jerry has a proper set up for measuring snow .....

100 you pay me and 200 I pay you 

or 50 you pay me and 100 I pay you 

either one works

and no way Will would I have gone higher in odds  ...this is a weak Nino....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Ray ....done 

if Jerry is measuring in Brookline ill

go 80” season total (end of April or whatever)

but I don’t beleive jerry has a proper set up for measuring snow .....

100 you pay me and 200 I pay you 

or 50 you pay me and 100 I pay you 

either one works

and no way Will would I have gone over 3:1 odds ...this is a weak Nino....

Here’s how I measure.  Stick a ruler on my patio in multiple areas not encumbered by trees and get an average.  I then validate the average with other locations on the property.

And yes it’s Brookline but the snowiest part-elevated South Brookline.

• ORH_wxman locked and unpinned this topic