Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2019 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Will finally melted today . Even the best melt 

I’ve really been trying lately to find a way to accept Sne climo 

i can’t , it sucks . Almost every year , even very “good years” there is a 3-4 week period of suck. Snow retention is an embarrassment outside of berks 

maybe married folks have an easier time accepting it. 

Marriage often teaches one to be “ok” and convince oneself “they are happy “, or to live w “disappointment “

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I am trying to give up chasing a system that the models show won't produce a flake for my area, but I just can't seem to get the rule out of my head of previous winters, where the storm trends northwest within 72 hours, and we aren't even at that time frame yet, it keeps getting pushed back on the EURO.

That’s sort of a myth of yore. Sure some storms have done that, but as models get better we see this less and less.

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I’ve really been trying lately to find a way to accept Sne climo 

i can’t , it sucks . Almost every year , even very “good years” there is a 3-4 week period of suck. Snow retention is an embarrassment outside of berks 

maybe married folks have an easier time . Marriage often teaches one to be “ok” and convince oneself “they are happy “, or to live w “disappointment “

You def have a problem for any relatively solid populations areas if you can't even take 60-70 days of snow cover....you need to move to the CAD areas of Maine or just move into moose fart mountain territory where you get your 1-3" every 3rd day.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Pickles is one foot in Merrimack. 

I was close to booking a hotel this evening near green mountain spine but there really aren’t many in N greens w much elevation 

Killington has a bunch at 2 k to choose from 

meh gonna nap, was up all nite tracking the system , hoping for a surprise ...1/2 inch in ASH woo. Hit the gym and see what milfs message me this eve 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You def have a problem for any relatively solid populations areas if you can't even take 60-70 days of snow cover....you need to move to the CAD areas of Maine or just move into moose fart mountain territory where you get your 1-3" every 3rd day.

I can take 60-70 on average Will. 

Just a elevated CNE spot near 1-1.5 K will do fine 

I can’t take 10 rain storm in 8 weeks or 45 days w out advisory 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

That’s sort of a myth of yore. Sure some storms have done that, but as modeled get better we see this less and less.

Some winters seem to do it more than others too.

Even last year, 3/13 trended pretty solidly NW in the final 84h and so did 1/4 (though not as much).

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I can take 60-70 on average Will. 

Just a elevated CNE spot near 1-1.5 K will do fine 

N ORH county is like 80 days with snow cover average. Even ORH itself is around 70. Obviously this year won't get it done.

But it sounds like you don't just want cover...you need it to be always be deep too...like having a cutter drop it back to a 4-6" glacier isn't good enough which is what happens a lot in places like N ORH county. You want double digit most of the winter....which you'll prob get if you go up into like northern Cheshire county or Sullivan county or far western Merrimack county. Hell, even ASH and Ray's hood averages around 60 days with cover.

Meh... livin' in SNE has it's charms too - 

Living over here is a challenge every year to see how long the snow will last, or how severe the pattern will get.  Believe me, if you lived 300 miles NW of the St Lawrence seaway out in the open wind scarped tundra of -10 F on a warm day Canada, you'd get sick of it too... If not? you live in the wrong place and complaining about it is tantamount to crazy: bangin' your head at the same complaint thinking you'll get a different result.  ...and believe me...there's far too much of that to be comfortably associated at times.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mr. Weather said:

Are we thinking this Sunday-Monday’s event is gone or is it still a go for the Boston area. I’m still new and learning how to read all of this. Thanks for the help y’all are awesome. 

You shall be engulfed in flame.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Weather said:

Are we thinking this Sunday-Monday’s event is gone or is it still a go for the Boston area. I’m still new and learning how to read all of this. Thanks for the help y’all are awesome. 

Seein' as your new and all ...  a primer:

"we" ...as in the collective regulars, are thinking with very little objective Meteorological reasoning, because it is unwanted while angry, if even capable during an inconsolable time.   Expect a steady diet of puerile one liner commiseration japes -  

What was the tenor in here like back in 2012 ? 

I really don't recall ... I wonder if I was even logged in that much that year.  I'm pretty sure that year was worse than this... We couldn't even get frost at dawns for like 10 day spates where it crept to 50-55 F during afternoons .. a few times, in late Jan and February...  I remember that specifically playing disk golf in 50 F weather with cargo shorts, dusty dry ground light winds and tepid warm mocking sun. 

You guys must 'ave been truly apoplectic -

Just now, TheBudMan said:

Time for Wiz to fire up the thread :guitar::twister:

He's gonna come back and eat our lunch ...  promoted to cheif douche at NSSL or something and post these elaborate discussions that are so elegant and humbling as to make Scott weep in self-loathing and doubt - ... 

He doesn't have time for that shit anymore. 

• Like 1

• ORH_wxman locked and unpinned this topic