Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2019 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

37 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Well this would pretty much shove everyone off the ledge if they haven't jumped yet.....Just your Typical Cat 2 over DC

There it is... that's how we know we are about to enter winter... the GFS pivotal page turn phantom world ender bomb... 

It does this in late October every year too... which signals real commitment to autumn... 

kidding of course... 

968 would actually be nearing the cusp of Cat 3

3 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

So...…..we're looking at hour 384 storms on the OPs and ensembles now.  The weather boredom continues...……...aside from our regular rainstorms. 

No doubt...the first half has been miserable and failed to produce. All you can do is take solace in the fact that the absence of snow is not reflective of the largescale regime, which has been mediocre, but not deplorable, and not unlike the first half in other noteworthy modoki winters. Luck should change, but if it doesn't, all I can really do is unleash a barrage of venemous key strokes and write about it. Lol

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hazey said:

I just don’t know how this won’t get the job done
c4977e753bcbd4c83f93b16e38809f36.jpg

By being any one of those numerous systems...  

Those are very weak pressures ...  they could be flat waves with limited areal extent N ...  Half of which in that picture are too far SE too - 

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

By being any one of those numerous systems...  

Those are very weak pressures ...  they could be flat waves with limited areal extent N ...  Half of which in that picture are too far SE too - 

On the individuals those weak pressures  still produce  alot of precip

Just now, SnowGoose69 said:

If the coastal is delayed the confluence may lift out and the system could come up the coast.  There seemed to be a move towards that this morning somewhat 

Probably at this point, That would be what to root for because phasing scooters neighbor is not looking to happen.

20 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

You and I have the most to be jaded about over the past few years yet this winter has not rattled me at all.   We are getting 2  storms this winter that deliver over a foot of snow.  

#itscoming

Part of it is well knowledgable folks pointing to the second half, part of it is the strat warming, and the rest of it is just the feeling of being skunked so many times in the big events that......over the years...I’ve lost in touch with the emotional side of my weeniesm. I’m sure it will take one euro run inside D2 that suddenly loses a well modeled 2 footer where my wife admits me to the pysch ward.....But until then, I’m good. 

• ORH_wxman locked and unpinned this topic