Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2019 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Agree.  I was just pointing out it happens (50 day snow droughts even in great winters....)

Oh, i know...but ratters will rat.    If the pattern flips in 8-10 days we should doo okk for a little while at least...but it is going to become tougher if we get much past that date with little to show

• Like 1

It’s amazing how SNE ended up on the wrong side of the gradient this winter. Usually in gradients we do ok. It’s basically impossible to go thru almost 2 heart of winter months completely snowless , but we’re doing it. I honestly never thought anything like this would ever happen , while NNE has had snow after snow after snow

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Silly analogy....unless someome specifically excepts 100" in 30 days. But there is good reason to believe that this winter will evolve in a generally similar fashion.

I'm not equating the two as an analogy--I thought my 'context' comment covered that.

I think a better argument would be to reference the multiple years this has happened rather than the outlier of 2015, an outlier so beyond the norm that probably none (even the young ones on the board) will not see again in our lives.

• Like 1

Just now, moneypitmike said:

I'm not equating the two as an analogy--I thought my 'context' comment covered that.

I think a better argument would be to reference the multiple years this has happened rather than the outlier of 2015, an outlier so beyond the norm that probably none (even the young ones on the board) will not see again in our lives.

I thought my "don't specifically expect 100" in 30 days" comment covered that.

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s amazing how SNE ended up on the wrong side of the gradient this winter. Usually in gradients we do ok. It’s basically impossible to go thru almost 2 heart of winter months completely snowless , but we’re doing it. I honestly never thought anything like this would ever happen , while NNE has had snow after snow after snow

Historically active March, historic heat in June, historic dews all summer, nearly historic rainfall. We can just add this curious anomaly to the list of historic items this year, even if it is not the sort of history we enjoy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Historically active March, historic heat in June, historic dews all summer, nearly historic rainfall. We can just add this curious anomaly to the list of historic items this year, even if it is not the sort of history we enjoy.

Well hopefully we can repeat this past summer again this year

• Like 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Well hopefully we can repeat this past summer again this year

We pray it doesn’t. Just a horrible summer from an outdoor activity standpoint with cloudy drizzle mornings and monsoon rains every afternoon/evening. East of the river was drier so maybe you was able to enjoy the sun more....but it was depressing in the west. Never again.

• Thanks 1

• ORH_wxman locked and unpinned this topic