• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    crossbowftw3
    Newest Member
    crossbowftw3

January 2019 Discussion

6 minutes ago, dryslot said:

The other sites have the two separate and the fv3 comes out later too.

Exactly!  If you compare the NCEP site GFS with Tropical Tidbits GFS you could overlay them for a perfect match.  As I posted earlier, there is no staff working in the Modeling Center to make such a change, and there has been no communication from NCEP that any change has taken place.

Just now, 78Blizzard said:

Exactly!  If you compare the NCEP site GFS with Tropical Tidbits GFS you could overlay them for a perfect match.  As I posted earlier, there is no staff working in the Modeling Center to make such a change, and there has been no communication from NCEP that any change has taken place.

Chris (GYX) said its implementation is delayed at least another month because of the shutdown.

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

Chris (GYX) said its implementation is delayed at least another month because of the shutdown.

Right, and that was mentioned in that WP article earlier, too.

Why is it funny for weenies wanting a solution?  Anyways, the southern stream energy tends to be mushed or separated at this time frame day 5/6 period on the guidance and then as we get closer to the event time period the energy consolidates further into one piece.  The energy is moving towards a landfall over the Baja, Mexican peninsula, and the energy in the Pacific jet is moving over the west coast of the US, just watch the +PNA ridging get stronger and more amplified as we get closer to the event window, tends to happen on guidance in a weak El Nino pattern.

It amuses me James.  Keep it in perspective-when the snow stops we still have our lives.   

30 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Weenies desperate for a solution...pretty funny 

There's always the JMA. :lol:  Actually, it was close at 12z to the look we want.  I'd even take that solution here.

13 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Why is it funny for weenies wanting a solution?  Anyways, the southern stream energy tends to be mushed or separated at this time frame day 5/6 period on the guidance and then as we get closer to the event time period the energy consolidates further into one piece.  The energy is moving towards a landfall over the Baja, Mexican peninsula, and the energy in the Pacific jet is moving over the west coast of the US, just watch the +PNA ridging get stronger and more amplified as we get closer to the event window, tends to happen on guidance in a weak El Nino pattern.

Do you think the models are playing catchup...again?

18z Euro is more amped in central US with the trough but Scooter skid marks are still a problem. I don't see the southwest trend there we need.

43 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Trump is addressing the nation tonight to tell us the FV3 has taken over. :o

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That streak couldn't be timed any worse. Blah.

it looks just like december

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, weathafella said:

It amuses me James.  Keep it in perspective-when the snow stops we still have our lives.   

Oh, I have plenty of life to live even if it never snows again.

6 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Oh, I have plenty of life to live even if it never snows again.

Well let’s hope that doesn’t happen!

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Well let’s hope that doesn’t happen!

It will snow, i was just being dramatic for effect, not sure if I used the right effect for this sentence, maybe its affect?

9 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

It will snow, i was just being dramatic for effect, not sure if I used the right effect for this sentence, maybe its affect?

Effect.  I personally think we’re probably getting a modest amount of snow Sunday 

17 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

If Sunday misses completely and the Pats happen to lose, I can’t be held responsible for my ensuing melt. Just throwing it out there haha

Spoken like a true EMA weenie and Pats fan. Been running super hot with snow and rings, but when it doesn’t go your way....cries and melts.

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Spoken like a true EMA weenie and Pats fan. Been running super hot with snow and rings, but when it doesn’t go your way....cries and melts.

Exactly. 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

At the least we seem to be looking at a nice 1-3” inch event in s good chunk of SNE. If trends continue, maybe we up a bit?

Good to be south of pike now.