Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2019 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

If someone offered me 4-6" of snow followed by sleet/ice, I'd sign on the dotted line. Easily. Still way too much time on a highly variant setup for things to go very wrong. So I'd lock in a wintry solution if offered even if it means passing on the fantasy outcomes. 

Absolutely. Agree 100%

2 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I agree. The big picture of it hasn’t shifted for days. Although for New York City and southern New England the devil is in the details so it feels to them like it’s shifting situation. Up here it looks like all frozen and likely all snow. Amount significant but unknown.  I am quite interested and curious about Friday and figure we will see a consolidation on that overnight.  If this is a 2part system then we are only 4 days out.

That 2 part system stuff is kinda nonsense 

there is a weaker piece of energy Thur nite into Friday am

there is nothing Friday nite Saturday or Saturday nite . They are very much separate 

sne has seen zilch from these little clipper critters (Thur nite-friday thingy) that If it trends a hair south and colder 2” will seem like a major snowstorm 

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

there is nothing Friday nite Saturday or Saturday nite . They are very much separate 

Its PC skies for Saturday up here, Its some Lt snow Friday with the main course Sunday-Monday.

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Yes But does the evolution of the first one significantly impact the second?  Clarity about Friday creates more clarity about Sunday?  Full disclosure I fly to the UK Saturday night from Logan so I want a few inches before I leave.

Just now, mahk_webstah said:

Yes But does the evolution of the first one significantly impact the second?  Clarity about Friday creates more clarity about Sunday?  Full disclosure I fly to the UK Saturday night from Logan so I want a few inches before I leave.

While intriguing , it’s not much of a “storm” Very minimal at its forecast strength it appears.

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

While intriguing , it’s not much of a “storm” Very minimal at its forecast strength it appears.

Trending stronger on ensembles according to HM.  And we've seen that before...leading wave trending stronger and before we know it we’ve gone from 1-2 appetizer to a 3-6 nice storm

50 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

I hope that 1 rogue negative PNA member is not right.

42 minutes ago, dendrite said:

FearstonSN+.....put down the charts, get yourself a paper bag, and breathe.

33 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

What is your problem? 

If you want to reply again get off the board and message me separately. We can take care of this offline.

32 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Take a chill pill buddy. Jesus H. lol

29 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Snow is serious.

He wants f*** your MJO up.

27 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Well that escalated quickly. 

27 minutes ago, dryslot said:

The pattern is getting to some on here, Going to be a long week, Especially if this turns to sh it for some.

This...This right here ^^^^

morgan 3.jpg

• Haha 6

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I will sacrifice all snow for a major icestorm 

I used to be this way until the ice storm of 2006 when a major ice storm pretty much turned my town into a wasteland.  I was without power for 13 days in December and nearly every stitch of wood on my property fell.  It sure was pretty that morning but the actual devastation was nasty.

2 minutes ago, Tiktock said:

I used to be this way until the ice storm of 2006 when a major ice storm pretty much turned my town into a wasteland.  I was without power for 13 days in December and nearly every stitch of wood on my property fell.  It sure was pretty that morning but the actual devastation was nasty.

Where are you located? Was this the ORH icestorm?

• ORH_wxman locked and unpinned this topic