Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2019 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

4 minutes ago, weathafella said:

DCA with 10.2 for the weekend system that buried cape cod,MA.

How long did that event last Jer? Last I heard before I went to sleep it was still snowing down there lol.  Could you imagine if that storm hadn't been weakening on its way east- it buried some place in southern Missouri with 20 inches of snow!

6 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

How long did that event last Jer? Last I heard before I went to sleep it was still snowing down there lol.  Could you imagine if that storm hadn't been weakening on its way east- it buried some place in southern Missouri with 20 inches of snow!

I think meaningful snow ended early in the evening.  Visibility is 3 miles or higher after around 6-7pm.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

So we're going to get a break after next weekend's storm for about a week or two before the next wintry event?

HM posted on twitter yesterday that he thought a Midwest storm might occur around the 25th.  I’m not sure if his reasoning had anything to do with the MJO though 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

You can see the unfavorable MJO influences on the ensembles in the LR. Trough west/center with some east coast ridging as MJO traverses phase 5/6 for a few days. 

No negative effects from the MJO for the 20th storm though as it stays in the COD. 

I thought the MJO wasn’t going back into phase 5? 

06z euro only goes out to 90 hours but it does look like it would be less amped than 00z looking at the PV toggling the two maps. 

Regardless. As Scooter said, everything still on the table. Hopefully people remember that...this event is still on the edges of clown range. We could see almost all rain from this still. Or it could be even a whiff to the south. 

• ORH_wxman locked and unpinned this topic