Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2019 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, weathafella said:

As usual the euro will be tonight’s arbiter in the gfs vs cmc argument 

I don't think the GGEM has scored a coup in years on a medium range threat...I'm totally ignoring it unless another piece of guidance agrees with it. I don't expect the Euro to join it.

GFS started off looking slightly more amped...but in the end, it actually looks a bit more strung out although the thermal gradient is tilted more W/E than 18z....fairly similar result though in the end....SNE gets the goods, but it's not as juiced. So you won't be seeing 20"+ clown maps.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I don't think the GGEM has scored a coup in years on a medium range threat...I'm totally ignoring it unless another piece of guidance agrees with it. I don't expect the Euro to join it.

Gfs 0z looks more realistic in terms of output vs 18z.

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Gfs 0z looks more realistic in terms of output vs 18z.

Agreed...this isn't a classic HECS setup. It doesn't mean it can;t happen if everything goes right, but I'd expect it to be more like totals we saw in those '94 setups if the non-QPF fields verify.

• Like 1

Ukie looks cutterish as well...it was pretty zonked at 12z too (only goes to 144, so had to kind of extrapolate at 12z)....but it's not going away. It's not as amped as GGEM though...so it may try and collapse a bit SE beyond the model range of 144h. If it did, prob a lot of ice.

• Like 1

• ORH_wxman locked and unpinned this topic