Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2019 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

That would be the solution that finally turns and points the shotgun at myself. Luckily, it ain’t happening James. 

I wouldn't be suprised to see at least one big event evolve in a similar fashion...we'll see how it shakes out. Maybe some late bloomers, though.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I wouldn't be suprised to see at least one big event evolve in a similar fashion...we'll see how it shakes out. Maybe some late bloomers, though.

There will most deff be late bloomers. Fully prepared for it but I can’t stomach another Jan 15 bust. Just forecast 36” for ESNE from 5 days out, if I’m never in it to win it....it doesn’t sting as bad.

• Like 1

We are dealing with an extreme temp gradient on next weekend's setup so don't expect the models to really have any reasonable handle on it until much closer. There's no real downstream blocking so it's not going to be "locked" into a small range of solutions. 

This storm could literally be a total whiff or end up ripping through Lake Ontario and giving powderfreak 50F rains. Those are both completely believable solutions and everything in between. 

Not sure i believe the 1888 setup with 8 feet of snow in Maine though. :lol:

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yeah I’d probably shut it down for the next 5 days or so... good chance just about everyone up and down the east coast north of like South Carolina will have more seasonal snow than SNE. All time ratter if we don’t turn it around soon.

You’ll be fine bro. Stay with us.

• ORH_wxman locked and unpinned this topic