Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2019 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You never actually see me falling into the abyss on that. I'm just wandering in the upper right in the beginning. So maybe I survived the worst winter somehow....

Ray's is the best because he just comes flying across the very front of the screen and dives straight in. Lol. 

Remember when Scooter was young and skinny  Kevin looked healthy, Will was a hippy and Ray was angry all the time?

20190111_223639.jpg

20190111_223614.jpg

Screenshot_20190111-223525_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 2

If someone reaches 2/1 below normal on temps for the winter (and I’m starting to think many places will) albeit not by a ton.  It’s easily going to be barring a KU occurring in the next 20 days the worst snowfall in a below normal winter thru 2/1 since 81-82.  At least down this way.  I think you guys had a winter or two from 02-10 that averaged below normal thru 2/1 with low snowfall.  

1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

If someone reaches 2/1 below normal on temps for the winter (and I’m starting to think many places will) albeit not by a ton.  It’s easily going to be barring a KU occurring in the next 20 days the worst snowfall in a below normal winter thru 2/1 since 81-82.  At least down this way.  I think you guys had a winter or two from 02-10 that averaged below normal thru 2/1 with low snowfall.  

Steve will love this, but it really has been bad luck as far as snowfall. The pattern certainly hasn't been great, nor was it expected to be, but we could have easily pulled off normal snowfall or even slightly above by now.

This is why seasonal snowfall forecasts are tough.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Its a shame  the PNA blows and/or the NAO is not yet robust for the 20th, or that could have been very big.

It probably will be big just not here.  It could end up as a glorified front.  Like someone else said here today it does look like 1/17/94 somewhat and there could very well be a large area of sub zero lows in the days following that FROPA across the Lakes and New England 

2 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

It probably will be big just not here.  It could end up as a glorified front.  Like someone else said here today it does look like 1/17/94 somewhat 

Well, you have to understand that my definition of "big" is 20" :lol:. I don't toss that word around.

But yes....we could still end up with a major winter storm, especially within the context of this season. haha I think that we will...this season is too favorable to keep failing to deliver. I will keep saying that until the bitter end.

• ORH_wxman locked and unpinned this topic