Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2019 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

When snow88 is the objective, skeptical voice, its time to stop, drop and roll away from the computer.

It's a shame because this would have been a nice snowstorm for the northeast if the confluence wasn't strong .

I still think I will see a little snow but nothing big unless the coastal trends stronger and closer to the coast.

• Like 1

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Do you mean Sunday coming up? Or a week from Sunday??  Cuz if it’s a week from Sunday I mean that’s ridiculous to even mention.???

Yes next sunday

Something has to give for our area lol

The pattern is changing. Soon we will all be swiming in snow

• Haha 2

Just now, Snow88 said:

Why so hostile?

I never said it's going to happen. So now we can't discuss any weather on a weather forum?

Not trying to be hostile at all..if it came across that way, I apologize. 

But it's just so far out, and it’s a crap model...it’ll be gone or a cutter the next run.  But knock yourself out.  

• Thanks 1

I think we all would enjoy what the CMC is cooking Day 9 and on... and I believe it would be one of 40/70's big storm he has called for in his winter outlook.  By the way, check 18z GEFS at 252... support is there

A bit different look... but 00z GFS also hitting the Jan 20 date hard

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, yoda said:

I think we all would enjoy what the CMC is cooking Day 9 and on... and I believe it would be one of 40/70's big storm he has called for in his winter outlook.  By the way, check 18z GEFS at 252... support is there

A bit different look... but 00z GFS also hitting the Jan 20 date hard

Here's a reminder of what the CMC had on D9 for this Sunday.  How did that work out?

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_38.png

• Like 1

I love the weather "big shots" talking out of both sides of their mouths....the PV is primed to impact mainly the other side of the globe, which is where the PV(s) is (are), yet this storm missing south means that the PV is going to continue to cause more suppressed events. Makes zero sense and is laughable. The PV had nothing to do with this whiff....it was just a random terd of energy that deflected it.

2 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

Here's a reminder of what the CMC had on D9 for this Sunday.  How did that work out?

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_38.png

It didn't because it wasn't as strongly supported. The pattern by that point is conducive to an east coast blizzard...as is climo with each passing hour.

#emptylogic

My point isn't to lock that threat, but rather is a reasonable possibility because it has support.

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

It didn't because it wasn't as strongly supported. The pattern by that point is conducive to an east coast blizzard...as is climo with each passing hour.

#emptylogic

My point isn't to lock that threat, but rather is a reasonable possibility because it has support.

That was the only model showing such a westward solution.  My point was to not get invested in CMC D9 progs.

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

My point was not be invested in a CMC day 9 prog, but rather the plethora of longer range indicators that it is congruent with.

Hi. Wasn't sure,  did your LR forecast include X-treme cold. Looks to me that's coming to a theatre near you as well. The GFS is really locking in some snot-freezing cold in the 10+ day!  Good luck on your KU. Hard to imagine you not having anything OTG before we enter Feb. 

5 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

That N stream is finally ready to stop flirting and put out on that day 10 threat...just a hunch.

1 hour ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Finally, the models showing a healthy shortwave within the southern stream day 10 over the Gulf Coast.

make........it........stop

enjoy Sunday's cobalt blue.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Whineminster said:

I hate these back ended winters.... it's like hitting the lottery when you're 75.....I mean it's great....but you know it's all going to end soon so you can't even enjoy it really. It would have been way better if you won at 35. 

Hey!

• Haha 3

• ORH_wxman locked and unpinned this topic