Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
January 2019 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

January Rain storms rock 

hoping we have at least 3 more after the 16’th.

This pattern is an abomination for the coast especially . Truly disgusting 

Fine by me.  No need to use the shovel or snowblower and don’t have drive with the morons in the snow.  Things. I can do without in my life now.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

You guys are funny

fast zonal flow , sure the W Atlantic near the maritime slowed down for 2-3 days 

I don’t see much change Cept in 10 -14 day near end still (which is good!)

we have been active all year and we have had chances all year 

strung out and weak 

we see one more souther snow storm this weekend into mid Atlantic 

I mean , I am ok lol. Hitting gym now , just don’t see the ridging into AK and west like I would associate with a real change or consistent blocking in NAO region until end of month 

Yeah but we're not missing this weekend because of uber fast flow. That southern stream is taking its sweet ass time traversing the country. We literally just miss a phase with a scooter streak or just miss having it lift out...that's just some bad fortune there in the depths of atmospheric chaos. 

While we don't live in Sapporo like you prefer, New England doesn't need like 20 stars to line up to get good snow events. Lol. We're already in a pattern that can support them. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah but we're not missing this weekend because of uber fast flow. That southern stream is taking its sweet ass time traversing the country. We literally just miss a phase with a scooter streak or just miss having it lift out...that's just some bad fortune there in the depths of atmospheric chaos. 

While we don't live in Sapporo like you prefer, New England doesn't need like 20 stars to line up to get good snow events. Lol. We're already in a pattern that can support them. 

Based on  these Super Ens analog dates this can go one or 2 ways,huge heavy hitters mixed with ratters. I think we can see which way

IMG_20190109_204926.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

I think if I snap/melt and go postal, it will be on pickles.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Why would you push it back further? 

We're already getting threats. The change is already happening, it's just that it really gets better toward 1/20 and beyond. Wouldn't shock me if we got a couple events in the next 10-12 days.

Of course, it's always possible we pull a 2013 and the pattern gets favorable but we end up waiting 17 days for any decent system.  But the change to more favorable happened way before we got the blizzard.

The pattern hasn't changed until we see 2'.

13 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I truly battle my emotions on a daily basis, I have good days and bad days.

You would be surprised how many are going through the same battle. Most hide their mental health struggles because our society is not accepting. Trust me when I tell you that you arent the only one.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

You would be surprised how many are going through the same battle. Most hide their mental health struggles because our society is not accepting. Trust me when I tell you that you arent the only one.

That's why I've picked up fantasy baseball and composing 30 page outlooks...I've learned to channel addiction constructively into positive outlets. Working out helps, too. I was a complete and utter train wreck several years back and it never entirely abates, but you hone your symptom management skills and deal with it all better. Plenty of regrets you can't change, but a funny thing happens on the way to recovery...you stop wasting so much energy trying to change what can't be changed, and instead focus on making sense of it all and availing of said adversity by utilzing it as a tremendous vehicle for growth.

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

That's why I've picked up fantasy baseball and composing 30 page outlooks...I've learned to channel addiction constructively into positive outlets. Working out helps, too. I was a complete and utter train wreck several years back and it never entirely abates, but you hone your symptom management skills and deal with it all better.

I am glad you are still here. Congrats on getting married. Now, please make it snow :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• ORH_wxman locked and unpinned this topic