Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2019 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

35 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

What the hell is this a picture of, the space needle?

You never seen raiders of the lost ark? That's the makeshift lamp post they are tied to at the end when the Nazis open the ark and Indiana Jones is telling Marion not to look at the spirits. 

The ICON was not N ...

It was more spread out and faster...giving that illusion.  The 12z was more compact and deeper, and slower by almost two clicks. If anything the 12z passed 30 or so miles closer to Cape Cod at closest pass.

One aspect that is different, however, is there's bit more N-stream trying to get involved over NE in this run of that particular model.

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’m with Ditty, let’s get a 1-2” festive snowfall that at least makes it feel and look like winter on Sunday. 

Maybe for the south coast

very supressive environment along east coast w streak and the fast flow that temporarily abated for about 3 days seem to be back .

maybe you see an inch S of 84

5 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

The question isn’t really does it stay this way, it’s more how long does a favorable period last

i would push back the change to about the 25-27’th 

Why would you push it back further? 

We're already getting threats. The change is already happening, it's just that it really gets better toward 1/20 and beyond. Wouldn't shock me if we got a couple events in the next 10-12 days.

Of course, it's always possible we pull a 2013 and the pattern gets favorable but we end up waiting 17 days for any decent system.  But the change to more favorable happened way before we got the blizzard.

You guys are funny

fast zonal flow , sure the W Atlantic near the maritime slowed down for 2-3 days 

I don’t see much change Cept in 10 -14 day near end still (which is good!)

we have been active all year and we have had chances all year 

strung out and weak 

we see one more souther snow storm this weekend into mid Atlantic 

I mean , I am ok lol. Hitting gym now , just don’t see the ridging into AK and west like I would associate with a real change or consistent blocking in NAO region until end of month 

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

You never seen raiders of the lost ark? That's the makeshift lamp post they are tied to at the end when the Nazis open the ark and Indiana Jones is telling Marion not to look at the spirits. 

Can’t recall the last time I watched it.  Lol.  Probably been 20 years.  Don’t recall that part at all.

• ORH_wxman locked and unpinned this topic