Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2019 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, dryslot said:

I wasn't so sure you and i were looking at the same Euro run because this didn't look better to me early on.

I didn’t start looking and was about to refute Kevin’s better posts but then  I looked and it was working for awhile.  No time to study it closely though.

5 minutes ago, Greg said:

Seriously though, this isn't a bad spot to be in seeing this at about 6 days out.  Think about it. A few ticks to the north and most of us are golden in the heart of our viewing area.

Yeah it’s fine. Like will and I said, even getting some light snow won’t be pulling teeth like it has been. I’m not saying it’s a lock,  it finally we have a pattern that allows for east coast cyclogenesis. Will and Tip discussed it nicely. Yeah the ridge axis is a little east and moving along, but hey...I’ll take it.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Yeah it’s fine. Like will and I said, even getting some light snow won’t be pulling teeth like it has been. I’m not saying it’s a lock,  it finally we have a pattern that allows for east coast cyclogenesis. Will and Tip discussed it nicely. Yeah the ridge axis is a little east and moving along, but hey...I’ll take it.

I'm actually potentially excited for you, I mean it where you are situated, But I still hope a more GFS solution happens verses of course a CMC solution.

4 minutes ago, Greg said:

I'm actually potentially excited for you, I mean it where you are situated, But I still hope a more GFS solution happens verses of course a CMC solution.

Wilmington or Weymouth...way too early to get a feel. Hell if it’s 2-4” does it matter? I’ll be happy with the ground white. This pattern is one of the worst things I’ve ever lived through. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, donsutherland1 said:

Apologies for the delayed reply. The following winters saw < 2" snow at Boston through January 7:

1999-00: None
1925-26: 0.5"
1927-28: 0.5"
2006-07: 0.8"
1900-01: 0.9"
2015-16: 0.9"
2011-12: 1.0"
1998-99: 1.1"
1990-91: 1.2"
1953-54: 1.3"
1935-36: 1.4"
1931-32: 1.6"
1994-95: 1.6"
1973-74: 1.7"
1913-14: 1.8"

So far, 2018-19 has had just 0.2" snow.

Thank you!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, weathafella said:

CMC is a weenie solution.  What’s wrong with it?

It actually ends up turning to rain when it makes it's closes pass to us is what I'm getting at.  Otherwise, if that solutions center stays a few nautical miles south (Off Shore) then we would be in really good shape of course.

11 minutes ago, Greg said:

It actually ends up turning to rain when it makes it's closes pass to us is what I'm getting at.  Otherwise, if that solutions center stays a few nautical miles south (Off Shore) then we would be in really good shape of course.

That probably would not happen with that exact track.  We take that.

• ORH_wxman locked and unpinned this topic